Anyone from the Catlinburg Tenn area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is my first post here. I'm following the MWO program but I'm not doing the meds. I'm taking chantix to quit smoking wasn't sure if they would mix or not. Last time I took chantix it kicked the AL cravings too. I have been AF for 8 days & Cigs free for 7 days. Anyway the reson I posted was my family was thinking of going to Catlinburg for vaction & wanted some ideas of things to do. Our kids are 10-15-17 all boys. I thought of doing white water rafting the 5mile with a guide I hope its safe. LOL My 10 yo isn't to sure about this idea of mine. Any ideas would be weclomed. Sorry it's suppose to be Gatlinburg it would not let be change my misspelling.
    Thanks

Hi ... Nice to meet you. I'm not in Tenn. but wanted to pop in and say hello anyway. .... Congrats on your days AF and on the smokes too. Well done!

Enjoy your vacation .. sounds awesome to me!
    AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

Missy, I'm near Atlanta, Ga, but I have a house just about 2 hours south of Gatlinburg, in N. Ga. I've taken Chantix with all dif types of meds, and had no problems. It works wonderfully; the problem is after you stop it the temptation comes back and then your will power really has to kick in. I've smoked maybe 1 pack of cigs since April 1, so not doing too bad, huh? I have much more energy, coupled with not drinking I feel like a girl again!!!
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

BTW, Missy, we LOVE that area. Nothing more beautiful than the Great Smokies!
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Big congrats on AF & cig-free. Whitewater rafting in Great Smokies? Fun! And, yes, feel quite safe in mid-late summer (the rivers tend to rush & gush more in the Springtime as the snow melts off the mountains) I've done the guided river rafting, but just east in North Carolina. maybe stick the 10 yr old closer to the middle of the raft so he feels safer ... and have a great time. bet all the boys will love it!

Maybe they'd like Dollywood in Pigeon Forge, TN? anyway, not from there, but have vacationed nearby, and thumbs-up on the river rafting :-)
          Woman takes a drink, drink takes a drink, drink takes a woman.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the post .But I have to be honest, I was doing great till tonight I have drank 8 beers & 3 cigs but tomrrow is another day I will do this so help me I will beat these demons.
            Missy

Comment

Missy...keep trying......cause when you stop ....it's all over. Gatlinberg, Tenn. I spent a week one summer their. ( Even though it's winter....is a great appeal ) I really enjoyed my self their.........I was visiting a friend in Knoxville and made my way their. I was their durning the World's Fair......and spent that evening at the U. of Tenn. Stadium for a concert with the Cash Family.....Fantastic ! IAD
              ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
              those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
              Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
              X