a way to not drink to much that night.. lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i know that on days i really wanna try hard to not drink a whole bottle of wine, what i do is buy the small mini wines and only get two, and start later at night, i go to bed1 around 12 or 1, so i start at 10 and only have had two -three glasses . silly i know, but the wine store closes what else could ya do?

Its not silly, me, if it works. Many of us have little things we do to trick ourselves until we learn new habits. I know about waiting til the stores close, too!
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Thing is for me, I have a store open 24/7 that serves alcohol so if I was mod that wouldn't work.
      I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Not silly, it was a plan and it worked. I used to buy a crate of beer (24) because I thought it worked out cheaper in the long run - the intention being only to drink 2 drinks a night. Yeah, like that worked. Now, if I want a drink, I just buy 2 beers. Full stop.
        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

It's so weird to read this.....I tried that just last night. LOL
          I say whatever works.

:l
          Ak
          :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

That's not silly at all. It's a good plan. Whatever works is a good plan.

That's sort of what I did in June. I quit hard liquor and had beer, allowing 1-2 beers in an evening and only between 9:00 and 10:00 (I go to bed at 10:00). It made all the difference in the world in getting me on my way.

Good post!
            AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

Sometimes I just buy a mini box....it holds 3 glasses of wine. It's a good plan sometimes.

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Anything that works is valid.

I found a different way. I water the wine way down, and sweeten it.

I put a shot of wine 1.5 oz in a wine glass, and then fill up to the normal level with cold water. I add 2-3 drops of Stevia liquid (an herb extract) to sweeten it back so it doesn't taste watery. I'll have 4-5 glasses of "my wine" when I want, total of 6-7.5 oz per night. To me this tastes better than AF wines which I find too sugary, and I get tired of some of my AF drinks after a while.

Using this system, I can make a bottle of wine last a week. I like the screwcap wine because it seals. This system works particularly well with strong tasting wine, sweet wines, and old red wine because of the strong flavor.

Comment

Cool idea, Boss. Yep - whatever works!
                  AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                  X