Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buddy up anyone?

Morning, afternoon or evening guys and girls,

I am looking for someone who would like to join me on a 30 day A/F followed by a slow intro to life as a moderate drinker (fingers crossed tightly).

I have now attempted to A/F 3 times and although I find this site incredibly good and amazingly supportive I would like to work with a group of members who would like to A/F at the same time so I can offer support to others and receive support (please) and understand how the other is feeling.

I have seen these types of requests before but am unsure how people keep a thread going? I am

Is there anyone who would like to join me please?

hdb

Buddy up anyone?

hdb, tho your site isn't for me, I wish you the best. Would you keep in touch with me at least and let me know how things go for you, even if you don't find a partner. BEST, BEST, BEST of luck, honey.

Rubes
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Buddy up anyone?

Thank you Ruby I appreciate your best wishes, good luck in your journey :l

Comment

Buddy up anyone?

hi there hdb all tho im total af .. im here for any that are in need .. you have said you have try af three times .. well if that is the problem work on going af and see if you can make it one step at a time come to the gear thread .. and post what ever you want ..how ever you feel and you will get the surport you need to make it af and then and only then try to mods .... for me i would love to mods.. but i love al to much.. to stop at one and if you are the same way.. think about it and then come up with the best thing for you
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Buddy up anyone?

thank you guys

Comment

Buddy up anyone?

Hiya Hdb!!
            I am going AF from the 1st of August (as well as sugar-free) and then will resume the mod life -- I'm keen to buddy up:-)
            "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Buddy up anyone?

P.S. If you want to check out the Mod Squad thread there are quite a few of us "modders" who are going to be putting in 30 days for August.
              "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Buddy up anyone?

Good I will join you all DeeBee I am fedup of living like this make me very unhappy

Comment

Buddy up anyone?

hiya one2many thank you and all ty, I will you up on your buddy offer ty - feel like a worthless piece on poo who can't continue like this i am so so so so so tired. I wish i could hide somewhere for a month - i am so sick of stress and pressure hubby is about to loose his job i am the main bread winner and i detest my job - honestly i don't know how i didn't cry at my desk today. I would like not to be the one with the financial pressure for once. This is my second marriage and i am extremely happy with my husband and i love him to bits and my beautiful children.... i would love to have a normal job - without being a high flyer (well thats what i used to be before loosing my brother to suicide and my 1st husband to my best mate leavin me with a 4month old baby) now i a low flying looser still being paid a high flyers job... dont get me wrong i deliver but its nothin like i used to do..... i see it a hell of a lot on this site... i think i have burnt out, what i would love is the opportunity to make myself better without work - but that cant be, how do i do the job that i do and get better?? will i look back one day when my whole life has passed me by and regret that i didnt put the breaks on??? what the flip shall i do - i dont know and i am just typing out loud because no one knows appart from you lot how dreadfully dreadfully tired and down i am sorry for chewing your ears :l :upset:

Comment

Buddy up anyone?

Hey Hdb, I'm starting AF for at least two weeks and would love to join you. Like you, I have tried in the past and seem to get over confident and think I can drink moderately way too early and without the support that is so readily available here. This time I told hubby that if I seem like I am "checked" out that I was working on my drinking problem with the help of this program. Now I don't have to sneak in the computer and cd time. I will have a vacation in two weeks, so I'm a little worried about making it through those few days. If I plan to drink beer I'll be ok, cuz it sucks on the topa. Count me in today. Keke

Comment

Buddy up anyone?

Thank you so much one2many your kind words made me cry x You are correct one thing at a time - i know i am also very very very lucky to have my husband and beautiful children - that on its own should be enough, i am ashamed that i haven't done it for them alone. do you ever wish that you could stop being an adult and return to that little girl for a while that you used to be so your mum could make things better - i wish i could return to that for just one month

thanks again one2many :l

Comment

Buddy up anyone?

Hiya keke great - welcome on board, i wish you all the luck and best wishes lets try and tame this one together :l

Comment

Buddy up anyone?

PS - Just read the post about the job woes. The alcohol just makes it worse. I agree with one2many - build on what you have and feel proud of what you have accomplished so far. I no longer have to work, but my alcohol problem didn't go away when my home life improved - I married a wonderful man who only drinks on occasion. He doesn't think, or won't admit that I have a problem. I had to tell him today that I needed his support without his trying to control me. I used to say to myself "if I had a better job, husband, or didn't work that I could focus on me. Well, everything fell into place and I still drink too much. I guess I am the only one who can change my behavior. I'm here to help support your efforts and I trust that you are here to help mine. I do feel for you. Come to this site instead of the bottle. It's much more rewarding!!!! Keke

Comment

Buddy up anyone?

HDB -cool to have a response so fast. It is a first for me. I'm in California and it is noon here.

Comment

Buddy up anyone?

hiya keekee and onetomany, sorry for the delay in my reply my kiddies like to stick to me so i can't visit the site as my son is 15 and daughter 10 so they can understand quite easily. That was a lovely post keekee, I would like to take hold of a hand of yours each - i couldn't do anything like AA (I admire people who can) i would be scared i would see someone i kno or someone who would think bad of me - silly i know but true. one2many your post is totally correct and the only times i have been sucessful is when i do this for me - well girls lets go for it eh? its 22:37pm here keekee - its great that this site is global because at anytime there is always someone to talk to. Thank you girls for your support this evening :l

Comment

Working...
                              X