Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm gonna try to quit the drink once again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone I'm 22 years of age. I'm a male and my name is Luke, i've known the my way out forum for around a year now and its been a big help to me.

I've been fighting my alcohol problem for 6 years now, I can't moderate my drinking, for me i drink and drink and don't stop till i pass out.

In the past i have said I'm going to quit drinking but it has never happened. So today finally I'm giving myself the chance to quit drinking again and this time i hope i can.

I will be coming on here every now and then and letting you kind people know how I'm progressing without drinking anymore.
    AF since 30/07/09.

Congrats on your decision to quit, Luke!It is tough but you can do it. I celebrated 30 days AF yesterday- I can't begin to tell you the wonderful changes that have taken place in that short amount of time. It' s nothing short of amazing. If I can do it, you can do it. I am going to pass the torch that was handed to me by challenging you to 7 days AF. You have all the support and love you need here...we will all be rooting for you.

Comment

Thanks Bluesy for your support.
      AF since 30/07/09.

Comment

Hi Luke. Nice to meet you. Good job on getting a handle on your drinking now at 22. Smart decision. Seems like I was 22 myself only a couple of years ago, but it was actually 22 years ago to be exact. I wish I was as smart back then and took charge of what was a "minor" drinking problem for me (every weekend), before it turned into a pretty big one over the years. (I should have had a clue when some of my friends jokingly nicknamed me "Alc" .. *sigh*)

Power to you. Yes, please keep posting on your progress. Looking forward to hearing how things go!
        AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

Hiya Luke, keep on trying, you will succeed. It can be done. :welcome:
          An Improved Ripple. :monalisa:

Comment

Hi Luke.
            I remember you from before. Well done in giving this a go once again. It is a good move to tackle this at your age and not waste any more time to this addiction.
            Keep us posted wont you? And use us for support too. You know we have all been there, sometimes its good to know that you are not alone in your struggles.
            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Hi Luke,

Good for you for wanting to change, and having the courage to take steps to do so.

You can do it if you have enough love for yourself and it sounds as though you do, otherwise you wouldn't be here. I wish you well on your journey and hope to see you here often.
              I love you, I'm sorry, please forgive me, thank you.

Comment

Well done Luke wish i could have tackled my drinking problem at a younger age too. I'm starting again today also and like you i can't moderate as it leads back to binging. Good luck and keep us informed of your progress. I too am going to post and check in more.

Comment

Hi Luke,
                  I am 56 years old and would give anything in the world to have stopped drinking at age 22. I used to think of myself as a moderate drinker but looking back I was never able to truly moderate.....ie: once I started drinking I could not stop whenever I wanted to. Through the years I have tried and tried to quit and everytime that I have had any progress whatsoever, whether for a few weeks or even for several several months at a time, I am amazed at how much more joyful life is.

Now I am 56 years old and I am still struggling.. I have two children that I see drinking way too much (I even try to "excuse" them in my mind by thinking "oh look how you were at that age!"). I can't tell you how guilty I feel and how sad it makes me to consider that they may be on the road to wasting their life as I have wasted mine. And my kids, well, they are not the half of it..........I cannot tell you how many tragic circumstances in my life would have not taken place if I had made the choice to quit at age 22!

So Luke, I congratulate you on this very difficult first step you are taking. My guess is that you are taking it because you are feeling terrible right now because of too much alcohol in your system; whether too much last night, too many days in a row, whatever the case. Just know this. After a few days without alcohol it is so easy to think well I think I can control this now. And you will start thinking of every reason in the book why you don't want to quit just yet. DON'T LISTEN TO THOSE VOICES! I promise you that if you will stay with us, perhaps find support groups in your community, exercise, eat better, perhaps pray or meditate, all the things that can help to give you strength right now; you will be so very thankful that you stayed with it, that you chose to live the fulfilling life that you were put here to live, and you will look back when you are 56 at 24 years of great times, much happiness and much love. I promise you that! And if you don't believe me you can ask anyone here!

Comment

Working...
                  X