new here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new here

hello i am just new Here,i think maybe i am drinking to much as i i am drinking 4/5 cans of coors a night,sometimes i feel very tired in the morning going to work,if i could have some advice i would appreciate it,i am going through the whole threads and they look very interesting

new here

Hi buddy,

Welcome, you have found a good place! Lots of support & understanding to be found here.
    If you haven't already, read the MWO book, it's full of useful info to help you make your plan. Please feel free to join us on the 'Newbies Nest' thread in the Just Getting Started section.

Best wishes!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

new here

Hi buddy,
      Welcome. Lots of good wise people here.
      Couldn't agree more with Lavande.
      Take care. Keep reading and posting.
      Hope to meet you one day in the chat room.
      Hugs.
      Jackie xxx
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

new here

:welcome: buddy14 you have come to a great place with lots of help and support,check out as much of the threads as you can and you will find something that suits you,goodluck

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

new here

Welcome Buddy,

You are like me, I was drinking 3 or 4 glasses of wine every night. I kept trying to convince myself it wasn't a problem because I hadn't gotten into and real big trouble. I stiil got up went to work etc. (albeit with a headache).
          My friends would say you don't have a problem. but I had a devil of a time giving it up. I'd go a few days and then right back to the habit. It was taking up a lot of mental real estate too. Alcoholism runs in my family I knew in my heart of hearts I was on a slippery slope.
          On June 11 I woke up with my last headache 60 days Af today. I feel so much better but I still feel like drinking almost every evening. It's not a big problem because if I wait and hour or so the desire to drink passes.
          It's hard to picture yourself without Al.But you can do it.
          Quit now come join us you"ll be glad you did'

Sparrow

Comment

new here

Thank you all for the welcome,i am off work today and have been reading all the threads,well as much as i could,people from everywhere,including a few Irish,i will not drink tonight,thanks

Comment

new here

good luck Buddy!

Comment

new here

im a paddy as well by the way!

Comment

new here

Hi Buddy14 and welcome, I like you was a daily drinker, it can kind of creep up on us I know. Well done on regonising there is a problem and deciding to do something about it. You have found a great place here, and you will find a lot of non judgemental advise and support. May I suggest you download the MWO book and keep close to the boards.
                  Keep safe
                  KTAB (another of the Irish brigade)
                  Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

new here

:welcome:

Hi Buddy14,

I'm also new-on day 3 AF, so don't feel alone. This is a great site, with lots of love, support and advice. Look forward to chatting to you every day.

Good luck, you are in my thoughts and prayers.
                    Sunbird :l

Comment

new here

Hi Buddy and :welcome:

Good for you recognizing a potential problem before it's way out of control. I wish I would have recognized the slippery slope I was on several many years before I did! All of that of course is water under the bridge now. For me, the effort involved in getting free of AL has been very well worth it!

I too recommend the book and lots of reading around the forum, which you are already doing.

Strength and hope,

DG
                      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

new here

I agree with Doggygirl. Your problem is WAY controllable right now. You could stop drinking with hardly any withdrawal. Kudos to you for trying to take the reigns of a problem before it gets out of control, unlike many of us. Vlad posted a link to a website regarding "worst withdrawal symptoms" from alcoholics. I suggest you read that website (it's on about.com) to make sure you never get to that point. The withdrawal is horrific. I've been there, but not nearly as bad as most of those folks.

Good luck!
                        I've been walking, a long and crooked path. Come my restoration, wash my body clean...

Comment

Working...
                        X