Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are movies alcohol inspiring?

Good day to my AF online family!!! :rays:

I was in deep thought this morning and I was thinking, why when I watch a good movie past or present, someones always going out to dinner or having fun drinking wine or a little beer. In my mind I took that same "good" movie and had those wine drinkers smoking heroin or shooting up. Okay, now it's NOT a good movie.

As a family of alchololics who says wine is'nt my drug?? I'm gonna start looking at this AF as a totally different point of view. I'm not just starting over physically (again) but now I'm starting over mentally.

:wings:Love, Peace, and Happiness!

Hi Savannah,

What you are saying is interesting, I was watching the movie Big with Tom Hanks yesterday. Its from the 80s. One of the main characters was smoking throughout the film. My mom and dad like to watch old movies and everyone smokes in those too. Now a days its like noone smokes anymore but everyone drinks "its So much fun right"!!
    Hopefully we will se the day when Al is shown for what it is, a path to misery. People are just brainwashed into thinking that this drug is going to do something for them.
    Ive seen the misery Al causes wouldn't we be better off if we never tried it?

Sparrow

Comment

This is definitely something to think about. I know when I'm watching a movie and the characters are having a drink, it stirs something up inside me, for sure. Good times are going out and drinking and mayhem ensues. Maybe a trigger we should be cautious about, or at least aware of. I love the series Mad Men but it's a string of smoking and drinking throughout the whole show. Funny how different our society is now.

Comment

I am hyper aware of smoking and drinking in movies and on TV right now. I also notice how many commercials are about food and alcohol!
        Some days I think I will just unplug the damn thing!
        Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
        If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
        November 2, 2012

Comment

lol @ wally.. Oh the joys of television.. Thank you all for your post, now I don't feel like its just me. :thanks:

Comment

Hi Savannah, thanks for starting this thread.
            Just sat through a cookery programme which was sponsored by a wine company (arrgh) while drank champagne,cocktails,red and white wine.
            Luckily later on there's programme about the downside of AL.
            Sometimes I feel the powers that BE are after us.
            Hugs,
            Jackie xxx
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Ps. sorry meant to put while THEY drank champagne etc.
              Jackie xxx
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Jackie, this is really hard b/c my mother-in-law knows I drink now (thanks to my wonderful husband) this is really hard!!! don't have any "real" friends to turn to... just don't know

Comment

Savannah,
                  You're not alone you have all of us. Pm me any time you'd like. I read and post almost every day. Good Luck to you.

Sparrow

Comment

Dear Savannah,
                    You are not alone. PM me any time. I'm in and out this site most of the day.
                    I also have very few friends who I don't see very often,so this site has been a godsend for me.
                    Take care,lamby pie.
                    Hugs
                    Jackie xxx
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Savannah.....I quess I look at these movies like I look at life. Drinking, weather normal or abnormal it's all a part of life. When I see an alcoholic that's in trouble I feel sorry for them, if they're doing something funny in a movie I'll laugh. I quess it all in the way you look at things....(Good Thread) IAD
                      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                      Dr. Seuss

Comment

Oh God - I couldn't get through the rest of the day sober after watching an episode of Absolutely Fabulous - which I loved - but I sooo loved 28 Days - although I didnt particularly like any of the stars - loved the film - is a goody for me when feeling a splurge coming on xxxxx

Comment

I know what you mean noodle. Last night was day 1 for me. I was watching a Lifetime movie and all this woman did was drink red wine, "Through the whole movie." I really wish I could "socially" drink, but I can't, oh well there's plenty of yard work to do!!

Comment

Working...
                          X