The Next Day Thread Friday 14th August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all - in case the Next Day thread has gone down the proverbial gurgler, may I just acknowledge the passing of Les Paul - for Mr. G in particular.

RIP Les

xo

Comment

I have a week today. I like this thread because I can do 24 hours. The week thread and the month thread seem a little intimidating still. Looking forward to another sober day. Wishing everyone a wonderful day/night depending on where you are.
      'I can honestly say, all the bad things that ever happened to me were directly, directly attributed to drugs and alcohol.' - Ozzy Osborne

Comment

Hi Zenny my mate, been thinking of you often!! I'm doing good...missing NZ a lot, who woulda thunk it...an Aussie missing living in NZ.But it's nice to be around our old friends again.

Comment

Yes doll we're in, just a bitof painting to do. It's...ummm....cozy with 2 boys under 5 living in an apartment!!! MrCakes hates his new job...they're bleeding him dry. I've joined a gym here (my sanity as you know) Ding OK with the booze now that we're out of my parents house...my brotheris living there so I had a live in drinking buddy...not good, much as I love him. LOL

Comment

Hi Everyone
            Great to see you back Angel...
            I dont know where the day has gone today.....I have no energy at all....again..... although done a little computer work today so at least I got some work done.
            :dancin: enguin:
            starting over

Comment

Bridge?
              Mr. G?
              Wavey?

Comment

Evening all!
                G'day Tawny, Coach Ronnie, and great to see you again Angel! Sweet dreams, Zen.
                Rest in Peace Mr. Les Paul, of The Gibson 'Les Paul' electric guitar range, who has just died, aged around 94 yrs. A great innings from the young fella. Among the legends who play, or have played the great man's guitar's are, Jimmy Page, Slash, Guitarista, Eric Clapton, and many more. I can tell you from personal experience, that the Gibson 'Les Paul' custom guitar, is a ripper, sounds phenomenal, feels like it's worth the money you're forking out, and for mine, combined with a vintage Marshall amplifier, sounds and feels devine! Vale, Mr. Paul.

A safe, sober w/kend to all, especially you in the cheap seats...........

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

A beautiful day, weather wise here, Tawny. It must've been glorious where you are, non?

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

And for us in the non cheap seats rattle our jewlery I spose. RIP Mr Paul I bet there is a major rockin session up there somewhere at the moment!! Legeeeeeeeend
                    regards
                    Reggie

Comment

Hi Mr G & Tawney
                      your post bought back some memories mr G of when my brother played in a band with all whose guitar names
                      The weather here is crap at the moment it has'nt stopped raining all day, I think we have this all next week as well
                      :dancin: enguin:
                      starting over

Comment

... and let's not forget ... he also invented the over the neck harmonica holder.

Yes, Mr. G - glorious but not until about 2pm. Big almost pea-souper fog before then.

Comment

Good to see you Reggie. Have a great weekend, and keep safe friend.

Comment

Evening all. Yes, RIP Les Paul. Lots of men have talked to me in great detail about his guitars, so even though I retained none of what they said, I know he was very well respected and his guitars are coveted by men and boys everywhere.

Tawny - I have the compost and the seeds to plant a pot of Rocket, just felt the need to share.
                            Ronnie - are you taking your vitamin B?

Will have missed someone I'm sure, sorry am a bit manic today.

Bets
                            xxxx
                            Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Cool Ronnie, re your brother. Is he still playing?
                              My offsider used said harp holder at last night's gig, Tawny. I didn't know that Les invented it. It's a classic.

Comment

Working...
                              X