Best Friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Friend

Today I am my own best friend, I look after myself spiritually, physically and emotionally. I do not focus my energies on judging, criticizing or disrespecting myself in anyway. I believe it is my responsibility to set the agenda to teach others how I wish to be treated. I no longer need to point out my faults to others. When I care for and nurture me and refuse to accept negative messages from my inner chatterbox, wonderful things happen and I welcome the thrill in participating in my own life.

Best Friend

That is a good way to live Irish!
    Very wise words.
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Best Friend

good post,so true

Comment

Best Friend

irish eyes;693180 wrote: Today I am my own best friend, I look after myself spiritually, physically and emotionally. I do not focus my energies on judging, criticizing or disrespecting myself in anyway. I believe it is my responsibility to set the agenda to teach others how I wish to be treated. I no longer need to point out my faults to others. When I care for and nurture me and refuse to accept negative messages from my inner chatterbox, wonderful things happen and I welcome the thrill in participating in my own life.
        Wonderful!

Comment

Best Friend

Thank you!
          A wonderful reminder.
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Best Friend

Irish, what a good post!
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Best Friend

Lovely post Irish, thanks. I can't begin to tell you all the wonderful things that are happening to me, now that i am respecting myself, being kind to me, re-discovering, and loving who i am again, taking myself more seriously. (at last!)
              And you know what? It all stems, directly, from me stopping drinking, and staying stopped. Life's drama's still? Of course, but, no more chains, just freedom, self respect.....and loving each day.
              Best wishes all! Go for it!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Best Friend

I love this idea, Irish.
                Great post, and food for thought.
                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Best Friend

Lovely post Irish! What a great, positive thing to read....thank you....
                  'Tis with our judgements as our watches, none go just alike, yet each believes his own - Alexander Pope

Comment

Best Friend

great post,treat ourselves with respect first and the rest will follow

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Best Friend

IE,
                      Thank you for your post. Something to listen to, and to live by.
                      Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
                      AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

Best Friend

That is so very true, thank you for the reminder and expressing it so well.
                        I love you, I'm sorry, please forgive me, thank you.

Comment

Working...
                        X