Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If today was your last day on earth

how would you use it wisely????
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

If today

That really set me thinking.
    I think today would be a good one.
    I'm AF.
    I've learnt to play the drums on Wii.
    Cried with laughter.
    Texted my daughter to say I love her (she's at work)
    Take away curry for dinner.
    May have been a bit mundane, but I've loved it.
    Thanks for starting this thread.
    Jackie xxx

AF since 7/7/2009
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I would love, laugh, and dance. Have you seen "The Guitarist? Great movie, it won some sundance awards.
      'I can honestly say, all the bad things that ever happened to me were directly, directly attributed to drugs and alcohol.' - Ozzy Osborne

Comment

tlrgs;693942 wrote: how would you use it wisely????
        Will I know it's the last day if suddenly I am wise?

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

One of my favorite sayings is "Plan on living forever, but prepare to die tomorrow."

I know from experience that the only important thing in the world is to tell the people you love how important they are to you. When my first husband died, one of the very few things that gave me comfort was knowing that he and I told each other ALL THE TIME, even when we argued, that we loved each other. So, If today was my last day on earth, ( and it may well be, who knows? ) I would call everyone I loved and tell them so. I would hug my critters. I would sit on the warm soil in my garden and eat a ripe tomato right off the vine and I would look at the moon and the stars. And then I would go home.

Great thread, Tirgs. Thanks for the thought-provoking question.

Comment

The only time we have is the moment we are in, right now, and I try to be at peace with it, be friendly with it, enjoy it, that's all I can do.

It's working for me. Check out some Eckhart Tolle. Good reading. Very grounding stuff.

Comment

Enjoy your tomato, Mica, that's a good image.

Comment

HHhhmmmm...

The James Bond corkscrew jump
                I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

I would spend it with my family and pets. If it was a church day, I would attend church. But I will not drink.
                  I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

My addictive brain says ""go get a bunch of wine and drink drink drink!!!"

but would i really want to spend my last day in an alcohol haze? mostly likely not.

I too would tell everyone i cared about i loved them and i would probably spend a lot of time outdoors connecting with nature.

good question!
                    AF/SF - November 23, 2014

Comment

scrubbly;693997 wrote: The only time we have is the moment we are in, right now, and I try to be at peace with it, be friendly with it, enjoy it, that's all I can do.

It's working for me. Check out some Eckhart Tolle. Good reading. Very grounding stuff.
                      I'm with you scrubbly! Time to evolve to a higher state of consciousness I would think!!

Love and Light
                      Phil
                      xx
                      "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                      Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

I would do what I normally do. This question has come up before of course and many times I thought about what I could do to make my life more enriched on my last day on earth than it already is. Even the most mundane life is a worthy life, I think. My life is normal, mundane, some days I get hugs from a grandchild and other days I get annoyed at the way people drive. It is all such a part of life that I would not want to do any day differently that I do now.
                        vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

I would pull my baby girls into a big hug and sing them lullabies until the world stopped!
                          I would sing them "Danny Boy and other songs and pray that our spirits would sore elsewhere together!
                          Cause I reckon that's what happens! Like a glowing orb we fly away into the great big,beautiful universe and find out what's really going on!
                          Chicken the Spiritual

Comment

Get my hair done,sit down & wait

Comment

Giving hugs and love to my friends and family then feel the sunshine on my face as I sit by a babbling brook, play with my yorkie on the grass, smell the pine trees, listen to the birds, then eat all my favorite foods! Yum.

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Working...
                              X