A FIRST IN A LONG TIME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A FIRST IN A LONG TIME

TODAY I AM SOBER NOT CLOSED UP IN MY ROOM WITH THAT DAMM 24OZ BUD LIGHT BEER CAN IN MY HAND. I WAS IN THE KITCHEN MAKING A CUP OF COFFEE. WHEN MY HUSBAND AND SON CAME INTO THE ROOM AND SHARED WITH ME A LITTLE STORY THAT HAPPENED THE OTHER DAY WHEN WE STARTED TO LAUGH.

THIS WAS A FIRST TIME IN A LONG I ACTUALLY HEARD LAUGHING. NOW I LAUGHING WITH MY FAMILY IN OUR HOME IT BROUGHT TEARS TO MY EYES. MY TEENAGE SON AND YOUNG DAUGHTER CAME UP PLACED THEIR ARMS AROUND ME (:l), THEN TOLD ME THEY LOVE ME. THIS TIME IT WAS DIFFERENT.

WE USE TO BE VERY CLOSE, BUT SINCE MY DRINKING GOT SO OUT OF CONTROL THEY DID NOT WANT TO BE AROUND ME WHO COULD BLAME THEM.

I JUST CAN?T EXPLAIN HOW IT FELT TO GET THAT HUG THEN BEING TOLD THEY LOVED ME. HEARING LAUGHTER IN THE HOUSE WAS A GOOD MOMENT.

WHEN ONE DOOR CLOSES ANOTHER OPENS.

4LOVINGME

A FIRST IN A LONG TIME

:goodjob:

Hi 4LM,

This is great! I imagine how wonderful the hug and laughs were. Good on you girl! We are all 100% behind you. Keep going, it gets easier and easier. Just be determined, stay focused and keep posting.
    Love,
    Sunbird xxx

Comment

A FIRST IN A LONG TIME

Hi LM,
      Being sober really really makes relationships better. It takes time to repair, but it happens.
      Best wishes to you and your family...its lovely to hear of these successes.
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

A FIRST IN A LONG TIME

4lovingme;700177 wrote: TODAY I AM SOBER NOT CLOSED UP IN MY ROOM WITH THAT DAMM 24OZ BUD LIGHT BEER CAN IN MY HAND. I WAS IN THE KITCHEN MAKING A CUP OF COFFEE. WHEN MY HUSBAND AND SON CAME INTO THE ROOM AND SHARED WITH ME A LITTLE STORY THAT HAPPENED THE OTHER DAY WHEN WE STARTED TO LAUGH.

THIS WAS A FIRST TIME IN A LONG I ACTUALLY HEARD LAUGHING. NOW I LAUGHING WITH MY FAMILY IN OUR HOME IT BROUGHT TEARS TO MY EYES. MY TEENAGE SON AND YOUNG DAUGHTER CAME UP PLACED THEIR ARMS AROUND ME (:l), THEN TOLD ME THEY LOVE ME. THIS TIME IT WAS DIFFERENT.

WE USE TO BE VERY CLOSE, BUT SINCE MY DRINKING GOT SO OUT OF CONTROL THEY DID NOT WANT TO BE AROUND ME WHO COULD BLAME THEM.

I JUST CAN?T EXPLAIN HOW IT FELT TO GET THAT HUG THEN BEING TOLD THEY LOVED ME. HEARING LAUGHTER IN THE HOUSE WAS A GOOD MOMENT.

WHEN ONE DOOR CLOSES ANOTHER OPENS.

4LOVINGME
        This post brought some serious tears to my eyes 4lovingme. God Bless you. I wish you all of the happiness in the world.
        I've been walking, a long and crooked path. Come my restoration, wash my body clean...

Comment

A FIRST IN A LONG TIME

That's beautiful.
          Thanks for posting.

Comment

A FIRST IN A LONG TIME

im so happy for you keep it going .. hold on to the change it just gets better and better
            :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
            best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

A FIRST IN A LONG TIME

That's so lovely - thanks.

Comment

A FIRST IN A LONG TIME

I only have all of you to say thank too. For this I again say thank you for your continued support.

4LovingMe

Comment

A FIRST IN A LONG TIME

4lovingme,

It keeps getting better & better, you'll see!
                  I'm very happy for you.
                  Please join us on the 'Newbies Nest' thread, we would love to share these good things with you!

All the best!
                  Lavande
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

A FIRST IN A LONG TIME

4lovingme;700342 wrote: I only have all of you to say thank too. For this I again say thank you for your continued support.

4LovingMe
                    It's because you DESERVE this. You and your family are in my prayers. The joy of your children and family will carry you through this life with many happy times. :goodjob:
                    I've been walking, a long and crooked path. Come my restoration, wash my body clean...

Comment

Working...
                    X