need advice...from AA people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of you know and somey not, but if ANYONe CAN HELP, PLEASE.
    I have moved from a major city to the middle of nowhere. The closest meeting is an hour away in both directions. I emailed someone that I found online that bwlonged in this county, but did not receive a responce.

My question is: Is there a way to request a local meeting? Believe me, out here 9in the middle of nowhere, their "AA" is the bar down the street.

I would appreciate any advice from anyone.

ALSO, since I am out here alone, would it be inappropriate to ask for a temporary sponsor (online untill I get a govt. phone?). I really need one and want one, for me, not the courts.
    Give a man a beer, he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, he'll waste a lifetime.

Colbe,

I have no idea about how to get a new group going in your area but I do know it can be done. Call the central office for your area and ask to speak to someone who can help you with that.

Also, on the temp sponsor, I think someone would be very happy to sponsor you online!! Go for it.

Good luck.

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Cinders;711093 wrote: Colbe,

I have no idea about how to get a new group going in your area but I do know it can be done. Call the central office for your area and ask to speak to someone who can help you with that.

Also, on the temp sponsor, I think someone would be very happy to sponsor you online!! Go for it.

Good luck.

Cindi
      Big Bear hug for you...all 105lbs of me. Thanks, I really know I can do better if I had someone to speak with personaly. You have always been a great supporter for me Cinders, Best to you!
      Give a man a beer, he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, he'll waste a lifetime.

Comment

colbe,

I know they have online AA mtgs. Would that work?

Comment

:l Colbe and thank you for your PM Yeah, I'm alright.

Did you know that there are online AA meetings?
          Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

colbe, have you tried calling the AA Hotline?

Check your area, someone will return your call.
            When i was attending AA in a regular way, i was given names of
            people who needed a ride or just help .. talk.
            An Improved Ripple. :monalisa:

Comment

Working...
            X