Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My List

Hi everyone

I thought I would write myself a list of all the things I would gain if I stopped drinking and thought I would share it with you. If anyone has things to add to this - then please do. It's amazing when I look at it - it's a no brainer really!! why would anyone drink when they have so much to gain????!! Why on earth do I do it. Anyway - here goes:

If I didn?t drink:

? I would lose lots of weight without having to try

? I would look better ? with healthier skin and hair

? I would save a huge amount of money (which I could spend on a fabulous holiday)

? I wouldn?t feel tired all the time ? but full of energy

? I wouldn?t feel panicky and depressed the day after a binge ? but in control and on top of things

? I wouldn't spend hours worrying about my health and what I am doing to my body

? I wouldn?t dread people phoning or turning up unexpectedly in the evening and finding me drunk

? I wouldn?t have massive guilt trips for the things I have said and done when I?m drunk

? I would gain a massive amount of self-respect ? I am a great person if only I can rid myself of this horrible addiction

? My loved ones would respect me again

? I wouldn?t spend numerous sleepless nights (as I do now) worrying that my loved ones will give up on me and leave

? I wouldn?t have to worry about potentially being ?over the limit? when driving to work the day after a big binge

Today I am back on day one - but looking at my list everyday may give me the incentive to have another AF day.

All the best

Snap X
    Never put off to tomorrow what you can achieve today!

My List

Good job! This list will help all of us Snap! Thanks for sharing!

Lynnie

:goodjob:

Comment

My List

Great list! Best of luck Snap.

Comment

My List

Love the list boy can I relate!
        DLW
        Sobriety since October 2008 ( with a few bumps in the road ) - but I am still here, strong and fighting every day for my sobriety!
        And every day is a challenge - But I am WINNING so far!

• Yesterday is History
          Today is a Mystery
          Tomorrow is a GIFT

Comment

My List

Great post Snap, for me 'time' has to be the best thing i have gained, all those hungover mornings and days eventually add up and the best thing about not drinking is getting those mornings and days BACK.

Comment

My List

Your list could be mine. Thanks for reminding me of all the reasons I am AF for 13 days.
            Redhibiscus

Comment

My List

Great list snap, all the best and good luck
              :dancin: enguin:
              starting over

Comment

My List

Great list, save it and keep reading it!!
                May our choices today not result in regret, but rather be wise

Comment

My List

Thank you for posting such a great list! I can relate to each one.
                  The best to you, Snap!:goodjob:
                  When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
                  -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

My List

We ALL should have such a list! I would add that I can regain an interest in all the things I gave up for AL; putting it first, ahead of my loved ones and joy of discovery every day can bring.
                    sigpic
                    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

My List

The list is positively inspiring. I have mentally thought all those things at one point or another. To see them listed one by one and how much there is to gain being AF is like a bucket of cold water being dumped on me......

It makes me look at how this has controlled my life - the times I haven't answered the phone because I didn't want the caller to know I had been drinking. Getting up the day after, wracked with guilt and shame. The money spent! I have not been eating as much and can't figure out why I don't loose weight - probably those thousand calories a night I drink. I am terrified what I have done to my health. And on and on....

I am going to print or make my own list and keep it with me...anytime I think or feel the urge to drink...I will read it and pray for strength.

Again, on Day 1 but I am going to find the strenght to move beyond this addiction. I want to go 30 days and then 60 and never have the urge or desire to drink again. Which I know all too well is not that easy.

But to see what I have to gain. Thank you. Fox

Comment

My List

Brilliant list snap.Will print this out and read it often.will actually tick when i've acheived all of these...on day 2 but feeling hopeful...

ruby,too true!

xx
                        "Just when i was getting used to yesterday,along came today"
                        Bring it on!

Comment

My List

I'm on day 2 fox!!!

We can do this please god!

hugs
                          annie
                          "Just when i was getting used to yesterday,along came today"
                          Bring it on!

Comment

My List

Good work, annie.
                            sigpic
                            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

My List

Snap, thanks for sharing :h
                              :l
                              LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Working...
                              X