New thread dedicated to YOU!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since I have had threads dedicated to me in the past few days, I wanted to retun the favor to everyone.

Name your beef (no pun intended for those of you that know me). What is irritating you today...rubbing you the wrong way (if anything).

Then, name two things that you are going to do for someone(s) to help or just cheer up their day today.

I'll go first.

Beef: My motivation is very low today and there are things that I NEED to get done.
    1 Positive: I am going to play a trick on my husband when I pack his lunch for tomorrow (even though it won't cheer him up until tomorrow the deed will be done today, so it counts, and I made up the rules). Last night I pack him lunch with one corn chip in a bag with a note telling him I was just watching out for his health...he got a kick out of that.

2 Positive: I am going to spend much of my day trying to find people that would be interested in helping reform the Child Protective Services laws not only here in TN but all over the country. It's a big task, but I AM NOT GIVING UP ON MY GIRL! I need more signatures on this petition. The goal is 1000, we already have 261!

Your turn
    Give a man a beer, he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, he'll waste a lifetime.

I don't have a beef. I think we should be vegetarians in that particular arena. And I'm not talking food.

I call my GF who's birthday it is today and sang a song that she sings on my answering machine and tells me she loves me. I DON'T sing. And I don't say "I love you" enough. She prompted me once in tears that she needed that and why couldn't I do it more. She knew what a big deal that was for me to do today and was thrilled (she answered the phone so it was live). Made my heart kinda swell, you know? Of course she made fun of my singing, but wait till she sees her card. :H

PS: Colbe, I just want to make sure you don't give up on yourself. Keep working whatever makes you tick.
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Colbe, a great thread! I dont have a beef today, just a reminder to self that i dont know what is best for other people. However, i will remember that everyone is in the hands of a Higher Power greater than myself.

Comment

What a fantastic idea for a thread Colbe! Thanks!

Beef: I had to see occupational health doctor today about my lapse a few weeks back. She was performing a tick-box exercise to see if I was an alcoholic - even though I told her I definitely was!!! And she wasn't listening to what I was actually saying. SOOOOO frustrating. She is recommending I go to rehab -NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I work full-time and the job means everything to me, It keeps me going!

Two nice things I have actually done today:
        1, One of our volunteers at work has had a miscarriage. I don't work directly with her. I gave her my phone number and told her she can call me anytime she wants to talk. I also took her number and said I'd check in on her over the coming days.

2, My colleague had her last day today at work. I wasn't there in the office this afternoon, so I sent her an email at 5 mins to the time she would be finishing telling her what a great person she was to work with and how lucky her new employer was to have her. I was hoping it was the last email she read of the day.
        Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

I think this is a cool thread.

Beef: I am very down today and I don't know why...every little thing is making me want to cry. I just feel lost and sad or something....I am sure it will pass...might have a sob when I go to bed BUT I am reading a fantastic book given to me by a dear friend that is making so much sense....I was meant to read this book.

Two nice things I have am going to do

I AM GOING TO BE NICE TO MYSELF TOMORROW (I find this impossible to do)...maybe buy a magazine, have a nice bath, eat a yummy dinner, put fresh new sheets on the bed (the good egyptian cotten ones I keep for visitors), buy myself a little gift, Book a massage for during the week....some things to pamper myself.

I am going to have an afternoon with the kids tomorrow...do something nice.might curl up with the lot of them and watch a movie,make popcorn and eat crap under a duvet..they love that.
          "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
          NF 12th May 2010

Comment

What a lovely thought, Kimberley, to do something to make someone else feel special. Thank you for sharing that.

Comment

Beef: it's 3am and i cant sleep!! havent had this problem since day 6 AF.

1 - i'm going to take my dog for a walk tonight. It's been a while and she deserves it.

2 - i am closing up today at work so my co-worker can go out with his friends.

great post!
              AF/SF - November 23, 2014

Comment

my beef today.. still have no place in college

still a bit lost in what i can do

money is very low,feel like walking around in circles

my highs

i am still happyish and poitive

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Colbe, what a wonderful creative person you are. I notice this time after time....people on this site have issues with there drinking, problems in life areas and are down on themselves. But, without the alcohol they are (and begin to realize) so interesting, creative, fun, just plain good people.

My beef: someone I work with who called off, left me with more work yesterday and today. I have to go in early to finish paperwork.

Two kind things: Making a point to speak to a person at work who needs to talk about ongoing issues in their life. Just listening and being empathetic.

Making sure my husband knows how much I appreciate him. Have a great day.
                  Redhibiscus

Comment

Working...
                  X