L-Glutamine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

L-Glutamine

Can anyone please tell me the benefits of L-Glutamine? and what it does for us? Is it best taken in the powder form? Any info would be most appreciated.

:thanks:

L-Glutamine

You need to be cautious...I have taken it in powder form and after a bit, I ended up with a burning raw throat. It felt like strep throat, but was a bunch of cankar sore. Hurts like hell!!!!

Apparently it reduces cravings, though I never noticed.....
    AF July 6 2014

Comment

L-Glutamine

Hey, Lynnie -

It reduces AL cravings (also sugar cravings). I take it in capsule form, 2,000 mg per day. That's the MWO recommended dose. I started with 1,000mg, read up on it, upped it to 2,000 and it was more noticeable in reducing cravings. It is also safe in higher doses, but 1,000 to 3,000 is recommended. Someone on this board takes it at a much higher dose. I think the powder form is for a fast acting as needed kind of thing. I take it twice a day myself.
      I take kudzu as well, and the combination has been working well for me.
      ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

L-Glutamine

l-glute, Failed AA

Hi-
        Tried L-Glute powder when I was abusing, didn't seem to have much
        affect on me,(It was expensive) I was still drinking vodka, half liter a day dependent, finally quit (with some support from AA) 78 days, had one glass of champagne at a wedding, stayed AF 14 more days, had 2 glasses of red wine with my wife on her birthday, Day 3 for me, I'll get more days under my belt, so can you. Start a new hobby, go to AA if it makes you stronger. AA tried to scare me told me If I drank again I would be back to where I was drinking within 2 weeks. That did not happen. I would love a drink but I still have enough of me left to chose not to drink. AA helped me stop, but then my sponsor wanted me to call him everyday. Felt like AA was a cult. especially when I mentioned MWO and they didn't want to hear anything about this great support network. Everything was big book, sponsor, 2-3 meetings a day, 90 meetings in 90 days......I have a life, wife, home, business, hobbies, farm chores daily, friends that drink and do not drink. I'm re-living everyday at a time again but this time sober and glad about it. Staying busy is the best way for me to stay sober. Good luck on one day at a time. Thanks MWO.

Comment

Working...
        X