an idiot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

an idiot

one2many;720694 wrote: There ya are ya little shite.....glad you are back with us and don't ever ever think of stopping yer smart ass commnets...they bloody well keep me going lol!!

We are right here waiting on ya honey xxxx
    well said one2many

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

an idiot

hey One2 & Mario.
      Just feel a bit like damaged goods & lower than a snake's arsehole atm.
      Having to bottle this up so hubby doesn't ask questions so gets a bit stifling.
      Thanks for caring.

Comment

an idiot

Hey beagle,

It's a new day, brush yourself off & hop back on the wagon with us
        I totally understand the stiffling bit at home..........that's why I continue to come here to blow off steam!!

Check back into the Newbies Nest as well - lots of totally understanding people there, we get it

Be kind to yourself!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

an idiot

beagle;720700 wrote: hey One2 & Mario.
          Just feel a bit like damaged goods & lower than a snake's arsehole atm.
          Having to bottle this up so hubby doesn't ask questions so gets a bit stifling.
          Thanks for caring.
          You can talk to us...no bottling..pardon the pun...

You are not damaged goods, you got a little dent and it can be fixed..ok...

Pissin meself laughing trying to imagine a snakes arsehole.
          "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
          NF 12th May 2010

Comment

an idiot

Snakes arsehole??? :huh:

Beagle hun, can't see your original post but have a purdy good idea of its contents.
            :l As others have said... take that feeling today and CARVE it into your memory.

Not sure if this is true for everyone, but I think that perhaps, once we started to make changes, once we've taken those first couple of steps, every time we lose it, it actually helps build our resolve and brings us closer to that final 'THAT'S IT' moment.

So, please vent, and talk, and ponder out loud here... we've all been where you're at and here to help you win your battle. :l
            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

an idiot

As long as you keep trying...keep wanting to do better, you have not failed.
              Keep posting..and leave them posted We will all support you the best we can. We have all likely been there, and can understand. Without judging.

I am rooting for you!!!!

PS If you are an idiot, so am I.:l
              Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

an idiot

(((Beagle))) Stick with us, and believe in yourself. I posted a similar thread not long ago... You are not alone.
                I'll do whatever it takes
                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

an idiot

Hey Beagle, how are you feeling today hun?
                  Dont give up giving up, all of us have been where you are....
                  Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                  Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

an idiot

Hey Beags...someone once said to me "there is no such thing as a failed attempt to quit drinking" You're still in the fight love. Pick yourself up, dust yourself down & start again :l

xo

Comment

an idiot

Thanks everybody.
                      My self esteem (already subzero) shattered into about a thousand pieces when someone with the diplomacy of a pick-axe (who shall remain nameless,but his avatar is a shocking self portrait!) posted a fairly blunt comment.
                      Wiping the post was really the only way to avoid the possibility that all of you would think I'm wallowing in self pity.
                      Reading your supportive posts has been very comforting.Like mario said,it's that fear of failure - that partic aspect of my personality has plagued me a long time.It's a bastard thing when you have to keep shoving all your emotions into a pot-hole,then force the lid on it & then sit on the lid to stop 'em all bubbling out to people who wouldn't understand ( ie my family & friends).
                      So I'll be back here I think daily to have my little vent,let off steam,bawl my eyes out if I bloody well want to.Then I'll put my mask back on to join my "real world".
                      Thanks everybody,appreciate it.

Comment

an idiot

Hey if anyone deserves to be an idiot is me. I broke promises and I let my brother get to me.

The thing is noone is an idiot. I lost count of the amount of atempts and the longest I have been sober is 8 weeks (coming from drinking 1 a week or two before quitting). Just get up and try again. I ended up Modding and so far the plan is sticking. So far so good.

Its tough. But failing doesn't make us an idiot.
                        I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                        X