an update from me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

an update from me

well first I would like to thank everyone here and especially the few in chat with me some evenings for helping me get thru this "sobering up" period. I am still AF. I am still having some issues with hubby that need work, but thanks to a good councellor I have been home for over two weeks. we are communicating pretty well and sleeping in the same bed..watching tv and movies together and generally just getting along. We are not talking about issues when we are not with the councellor, per her request, and while at first I thought that this was not dealing with things properly, I have to say that it is working.

HOWEVER,, still no physical contact at all. He said he needs time and it will be on his schedule. Ok. Since he is the hurt party all I can do is hope. Until this morning. It is our anniversary and I made myself leave for work pretty fast...out the door by 6:15,,yelled upstairs to say goodbye and I deeked..was a little depressed cause of anniversary.

Well he followed me out to my car and put some stuff in for me to bring back to restaurant...then he put his arms around me...kissed me (brief...but nice) and said happy anniversary. I :upset: all the way to work..but happy tears for once.

To be honest I was worried about drinking today. The little bastard has been nagging me bad the last few days..telling me..don't worry about it..you deserve it..it will stop you from being depressed on your anniversary. NOW. I am MORE resolved NOT to drink!! Looks like my husband is slowly finding his way back to me and I am not going to BLOW it over STUPID wine!!

again thanks to all for all the help for the last couple of months..won't be in chat tonight but hopefully tomorrow night..
    :thanks:

Lynn

an update from me

I am feckin crying now!!!

Have a lovely evening tonight hon, so glad to see things are on the up!
    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

an update from me

I am very very happy for you that things are taking a turn for the better
      Have a wonderful anniversary with your hubby and enjoy the time together.
      All the best to you,

p.s. How many years have you two been together?

Comment

an update from me

thanks one and ang..

this is our fifth anniversary. Hopefully by the time we get to our sixth, all will be healed.

Comment

an update from me

Congrats on 5 years! Things might be healed even before that. Best wishes to you both.

Comment

an update from me

That is wonderful.... peace and blessings.......
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

an update from me

Happy anniversary donewithit. That is so sweet. Glad things seem to be looking up. Congratulations on staying away from the wine.
              Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
              If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
              November 2, 2012

Comment

an update from me

Happy Anniversary Done! And well done for staying AF through it all! Have a lovely evening.

Comment

an update from me

Happy anniversary Lynn

Comment

an update from me

well thanks all for your nice words. Gotta say I feel like a teenager preparing for a first date. I left work early (not feeling the best anyway)

my husband had asked me last night if I would like to go out to dinner. I stupidly said no.
                    Again. thinking about myself and not him (gotta figure out how to get out of pity mode)..I didn't want to go to dinner and sit across a table from him...with ZERO romance happening on our anniversary you know?

Anyway. After this morning happened, I decided to surprise him with a nice dinner. Prime Rib...garlic mash..asparagus...and maybe even yorkshire puds. I am setting the table and adding a candle.

I have to remember not to expect anything but a nice dinner with him, but I think tonight that will be enough.

Thanks again all !!

Lynn
                    PS. no wine at our dinner tonight..but bought sparking apple cranberry juice!

Comment

an update from me

I think that sounds like a beautiful night, and candles are very romantic. Love the meal you planned as well.
                      Things will get better for you; and better for you both.
                      Have a wonderful evening and enjoy each other's company.
                      All the best to you,

Comment

an update from me

Wonderful news, done :l
                        Have a beautiful evening and happy anniversary.
                        And don't you DARE let that little bastard voice get in even one word
                        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

an update from me

Happy Anniversary, and well done, keep going, its worth it!

Comment

an update from me

Lynn,
                            It is so great to hear that you are doing well with mending your marriage, as well as staying AF. Happy anniversary!
                            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Working...
                            X