I do not believe this has happened!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am sooo angry with myself! Yesterday at work, one of the girls was leaving to go on Maternity Leave, so she brought in a few bottles of wine. Since I stopped drinking, I dont use a glass at work anymore, I use a cup. I had some water in the cup, but left to go to the loo. Whilst I was out, someone very kindly dumped the water, and put in some wine! They do not know I have a problem with it, so they honestly meant no harm. I didnt notice the difference until I drank it.....and then I went and finished it, and even put the cup out for more when it was being passed around. Now I find myself right back where I was months ago...having a mental argument with myself - I've slipped now anyway, so if I buy a bottle, then I will stop again - I cannot believe that I put myself in this situation again! For the first time in a long time, I am really truly tempted, and its getting harder every minute.

Hi Kathy, please try to get back on track, it can be done. I went to an AA meeting on tuesday, and someone said he had been sober for 6 months and then decided he could have just one drink, he spent the next 8 months drunk just by telling himself one drink wont hurt. It was a very sobering thought for me. (No pun intended) Just put that drink down to experience, don't beat yourself up.
    Wishing you well.

Comment

Cathy remember how hard you have fought for this...well are all in this together...you are helping me right now with my world...and I am here to hold your hand through this....Stay strong hun....I will see you in chat soon!!!!
      :heart:AF since May 31 2008.....Happy and Healthy

Comment

Hi, Cathy -

Please hang in there, do not buy that bottle, curse that bottle, stay away from it!!! One minute at a time, if need be. Stay here as long as you need to, do anything.
        Also know that when you were on chat a couple days ago, your story made a gigantic impression on me when you told it to the new guy who was in very dire straits indeed. I know it was only a matter of time before I would have been there as well, had I not gotten control of my drinking. While I believe in being positive is the best way, I do find some of the horrendous stories do act in a "scared straight" kind of way as a huge deterrent to me.

Love and hugs to you -Dance
        ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

cath------HUGS. BIG ones.

You stumbled. so what. dust yerself off, and get back at it.
          You are a strong strong woman and I know you will not let this one incident set you back. So forgive yourself, and stay close to us!!!

love.
          me.

Comment

Hi Cathy. Hang in there and keep fighting the urges and the "committee in your head." My story is a lot like the one Paula shared. After 60 days sober I chose to have "one drink" and it took me around 8 months to get back on the wagon. I allowed my mind to keep going to the "we'll quit again tomorrow..." place.

I know it's hard. Our addicted minds want a fix so bad. For me, it felt like my brain wanted to hang onto the booze even harder after the AF time. I wish I had fought harder and not ingested poison and back slid in my life for 8 more months.

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Cathy! Hey that was yesterday. Every moment today presents a set of choices. Read the toolbox. Do the distraction stuff. It will be OK. You'll get past this. You have the strength of hundreds here behind you!! And my foot against your arse.
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

:l Cathy

First off... this was a very unfortunate series of events.. one, you did not foresee, plan, or invite. And... it was yesterday. You have fought hard and you have succeeded for a long period of time - this was and is a reminder of how easily our addictive behavior can return and a valuable lesson learned. IF you accept the lesson and move on.

Whatever you do, don't buy that bottle, please. Please don't.

:l
                Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

greeneyes;721841 wrote: Cathy! Hey that was yesterday. Every moment today presents a set of choices. Read the toolbox. Do the distraction stuff. It will be OK. You'll get past this. You have the strength of hundreds here behind you!! And my foot against your arse.
                  You have such an eloquent way with words, green one :H
                  I'll offer my foot as well, Cathy....
                  Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Cathy, just remember ODAT, we are all here with you, you can so do it again, lot's of love.
                    Twitch

Comment

Yes, Cathy, ODAT :h
                      How rude to serve wine around a pregnant woman anyhow.
                      Got milk?
                      Stay strong :wings:
                      :l
                      LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Stay strong girl....
                        you can do this...

hugs & prayers sent your way

xx
                        "Just when i was getting used to yesterday,along came today"
                        Bring it on!

Comment

hi everyone, and thank you for your support. I went and invited my kids up for dinner, so that kept me pretty busy - and I could not drink in front of them. Thank God, the huge urge has diminished somewhat now. I think sunshine got it right - I didnt ask for it, so I hadnt worked out beforehand that two meant just that - two. Ive got my head a bit straighter now, though! And NO, I WILL NOT buy that bottle! (greenies and ggs big feet against my arse is a fairly strong deterrent!

Comment

Good girl!!! Smooches to you!!!
                            sigpic
                            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
                            X