First EVER UK Recovery March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last night was a momentous occasion in Liverpool when it hosted the first ever recovery march in this country. Many of these types of events have happened in the States but nothing on such a grand scale in this country......UNTIL last night!!

I have been on a number or marches in the past where I have been 'fighting' for a cause that although I felt worthwhile I didn't really feel connected with what it was I really marching for. What kind of a statement it was I was trying to make; I probably had no idea deep down because I was full of anger and frustration at the world and the bum deal it had given me. I only saw negativity and what was going wrong with the world.

Last night was a march in celebration of something I believe wholeheartedly in, that of my own and others' recovery from addiction and alcoholism. I can honestly say I have never felt so liberated in breaking my anonymity to march down the streets of Liverpool and celebrate my life in recovery, happy joyous and free from active addiction. I was grinning like a Cheshire Cat on heat to be honest!!

The event was hosted by the treatment centre I attended SHARP Liverpool and other organisations involved in the Recovery field here in Liverpool. The 'baton' was also handed onto Scotland who is hosting next year's recovery march so anyone in Scotland who wishes to meet up at next year's event I will start a thread happening closer to the time.

Here's a link to the American event that took place in Brooklyn 2008 and I'll post the link to last night's march here in Liverpool when it becomes available.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLE2_dqYeBE&feature=player_embedded[/video]]YouTube - 2008 Rally and Cruise for Recovery

Love and Light
    Phil
    xx

p.s. I FEEL FREE!!
    "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
    Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Thanks for sharing that Phil, well done .......... you should be really proud!!!

Love & Hugs, BB xx
    sigpicXXX

Comment

that looks really cool, Im really happy for all of you that rallied recovered, well bloody done my friend.

Comment

Free indeed Phil. Nice one bro.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Well done Phil always stand up for what you beleive in.

Comment

Such an inspiring post, Hipster! You are a shining beacon for those here who haven't come to terms with their addiction yet, but see you and feel hope.
            sigpic
            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Inexcess ? Features ? Video: UK Recovery March Liverpool 2009 Promo

Here's the first snippet from Inexcess TV on the Recovery March in Liverpool.

Thanks for the posts and rubes for that last comment; that has really moved me. Thank you.

Love and Light
              Phil
              xx
              "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
              Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Working...
              X