Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hotel minibars

Hi, I'd welcome your advice.

I'm going on holiday to Paris for a few days next week. Really looking forward to it. But most hotel rooms have minibars with lots of alcohol in. Is it sensible to ask the hotel to take out the AL drinks (while leaving in the water, pepsi, etc.) and, if so, what's the procedure?

Also, grateful for any other tips from sober travellers!

Thanks,

MF:thanks:

Hotel minibars

I think it is perfectly sensible. Call ahead and simply tell them you would appreciate all alcoholic beverages being removed from the room. You and any other guests only wish to partake in alcohol free beverages. I think we put WAY to much thought in to this. My Father is a minister, not an alcoholic, he would make such a request for religious reasons. Who cares what they think...enjoy your AF holiday!!!!!!
    Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Hotel minibars

You are paying them MF ! plus i am sure there are many places to stay. It is your room make sure it is how you want it.

Comment

Hotel minibars

Absolutely ........... call or email and ask them to remove them, the customer is always right!!!!

Enjoy your break, I love Paris, it is a beautiful place.

BB xx
        sigpicXXX

Comment

Hotel minibars

Hi MF,

With the hotel trade being troubled I'm sure they'd bend over backwards to do anything you asked.

I always thought it was the height of sophistication to have a mini-bar in my hotel room. Then looking at the price of the drinks I nearly fainted.

Love Jackie xxx

AF since 7/7/2009
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hotel minibars

Hi Guys,

Just a quick note to say many thanks for your advice. I asked the hotel to remove the AL drinks from my minibar, which they did, no problem! Felt much better not having alcohol around; I could concentrate on enjoying my holiday instead!

:thanks:

MF

Comment

Hotel minibars

That's great, MF! Enjoy your AF holiday in Paris!
              When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
              -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

Hotel minibars

MF you don't have to explain yourself at all...many reasons why people don't want minibars...being diabectic, not wanting to rack up extra costs, being non drinkers!!!! Just call ahead and ask them to take any alcohol from the room and leave the water, sodas and snacks. Easy! I've done it and I can say when you wake up in the morning with a clear head in your AF hotel room, you will be very very proud of yourself. xx
                Ann

Comment

Working...
                X