X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i want out

i cant cope it seems like i am drowning

i want out

Angela, it can often feel like that when we are drinking, I remember feeling overwhelmed. You are not alone...
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

i want out

Hi Angela,

Sometimes it helps to just talk about it -- here if you need to chat, okay.
      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

i want out

I feel that way from time to time. But I will not quit trying. I can't. That means I've wasted my life and given it over to Alcohol. I'm too stubborn for that.

Don't quit before the Miracle happens.... that's what people have told me.

My Best,
        Renee
        The Universe stirs up our comfortable nests, and pushes us over the edge of them, forcing us to use out wings...

Comment

i want out

Angela55,

I can really relate to what you are going through. You need to be around for your son, if nothing else (although I am sure there are so many other reasons). I mean, you have suffered enough from this disease. He's just 10 years old. He doesn't deserve to suffer as well, which he will far more if he doesn't have you around...so many occasions he will miss you, Graduation, his wedding, grandkids, etc... And if it is true that there is an addiction gene, he's really going to need you.

I just bumped a thread called "The Awakening" that Ruby posted. It really helped me when I felt low...oh so very, very low. Just the kick in the arse I needed and hopefully it will be for you, too.

Hang in there, girl, and hang on with every last fiber of your being. Your son needs you, your family needs you, your friends need you, WE need you, and if you believe...God needs you.

If you don't continue trying to get sober, you will leave this world with a legacy of a quitter. YOU have the POWER to leave a different legacy. The choice is yours, as it is mine and everyone else who may be going through extraordinarily hard times.

I don't know about you, but I've got just a glimmer of fight left in me. I'm still breathing, so life is not over to change things around. We CAN, but we need to take some responsibility for our actions.

I use "we" because....well...because I am fighting "my way out" as well.

BIG HUGS!:l

Comment

i want out

:l Angela - sending you strength.

xo

Comment

i want out

Angela.... dig deep. You can do this.

Comment

i want out

I just saw your other thread - I'm worried about you.
                I can guarantee you one thing Angela, and that is the fact that your son loves you & needs his Mum.
                You feel like you have no choices right now but you do...listen to what One2Many said on the other thread...let's form a plan for you to get your shit together.
                Angela, pls check back in OK??

xo

Comment

Working...
                X