Day 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 2

Yesterday was rough, but I managed to meet my goal of only five glasses. When the effects wore off during the evening, I actually felt pretty good. That was short lived, however ... I had nightmares all night long and woke up with raging anxiety, shaky hands, a pounding heart, nausea, bloodshot eyes ... Fun it was not.

I plan to keep it down to five glasses again today, but I'm finding that while I physically still need it for now, I don't really want it mentally. Maybe I will be AF sooner than I thought It doesn't even taste good anymore. I would usually be 2/3rds through my first bottle by now. I have only had one glass. I am adding plenty of hot lemon water, tea and juices in between, too. Now THAT does taste good!! And this way, I don't feel as deprived. That is HUGE progress for me personally.

I've discovered the psychological routine is a major part of this struggle for me. Today, I plan to write up a new routine because I believe that in time, the process of washing/juicing fruit or mixing up a special smoothie or brewing a good tea can prove to be just as psychologically satisfying as choosing the bottle, getting out the corkscrew, opening the bottle, pouring that first glass ...

This afternoon, my first glass of *wine* was actually pomegranate juice (recommended by my acupuncturist) and it was just as satisfying, helped with the shakes and was visually identical. It tasted better, too!! I sort of have to sneak up on myself, I guess.

Here's wishing everyone who is staying sober another great day, and everyone who is trying/struggling (or getting ready to) the best of luck today
Working...
X