I wanted to say hello.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wanted to say hello.

Hello. I'm coming back again to work on getting my life back. I've tried several times to no avail. Well now I'm fighting. I want my life back. So, today I went to the doctor for a follow up on a sinus infection and talked also about my depression and drinking. I was honest and wanted help.

I have tried some AA meetings. I really didn't like it. I did almost 90 days and got a sponsor but it seemed just too much for me at the time. Telling some one I don't know or trust my secrets and shame was just a lot. So, now I'm going to go to a psychiatrist and a rehab program at the clinic I go to. The doctor said they do one on one couseling and sometimes group. So, maybe once I get going group may be good. I just know I do need help. My drinking has escalated these past two weeks. I have been drunk or buzzed every night for the past two weeks. I polished of a whole 1.75l of vodka in one week along with some wine.......Yeah, so I'm back and gonna kick this monkey the hell of my back......

So, again Hello to all.

I wanted to say hello.

hello Just H, just wanted to welcome you !!! We are mostly in the same boat here, battling this beast.
    :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

I wanted to say hello.

Hi H,
      Welcome here. Quite a clingy monkey this thing is. I came here looking for the "magic bullet", the supps, hypnos, topa, etc.... I tried it all. Now not saying that route hadn't worked for others, but for me, it was all about will. In the end, it was just me not wanting the guilt and shame that accompanied the drinking. I didn't know it, but the magic was on my person the whole time. I had to put in an equal amount of time getting sober as I did drinking.

I'm still doing it. Everyday I still have that conversation with myself about how much better my life is without alcohol. Funny though, my monkey was telling me today that New Years would be a bust if I didn't have a few for the ring in of 2010. I promptly called my sister, who doesn't drink and made plans to go Washington DC with her for First Night there, which is completely alcohol free. My limited sobriety has now given me the tools to be proactive in an effort to protect my own best interest.

Stay here, read post and most of all, want to be sober more than you want to be drunk. Good luck on your personal journey!
      AF since 2/4/10
      Nicotine free since 3/31/10
      FINALLY FREE

Comment

I wanted to say hello.

Hi Just H and welcome
        :dancin: enguin:
        starting over

Comment

I wanted to say hello.

Hello H,
          You are welcome here. Join our posts, keep reading and posting. I wish you the best.
          Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
          AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

I wanted to say hello.

Thanks guys. I didn't when the battle last night. I succumbed. Some vodka mixed with soda. Not as much as I would normally drink but enough to be dorky on facebook......Yes, I will be here often seeking support and advice and just reading and getting in my thick head that I'm not alone in this and there is light at the end of a seemingly long tunnel.

Comment

I wanted to say hello.

Hello just h and welcome. I only signed up last week and all I know that this is day 7 for me which never happened while I half-heartedly tried AA. It was not for me either as I felt very awkward sitting face to face in front of people that I didn't know and trying to open up. Maybe I'll give it another try somewhere down the road but not right now. This is quite a battle but I think with everyone supporting each other we can eventually beat this beast down. We Illinoisians have to stick together! Take care.

Comment

I wanted to say hello.

Welcome back Just H -
                It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

Working...
                X