Amish Man Arrested for DUI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evidently, nobody is exempt! I'll bet this guy isn't too popular at home right now!

Pennsylvania Police Arrest Amish Man in Buggy on DUI Charges

LANCASTER, Pa. ? Police in central Pennsylvania say they arrested an Amish man on drunk driving charges over the weekend after he was found asleep in his moving buggy.

East Lampeter Township Police say 22-year-old Elmer Stoltzfoos Fisher, of Paradise, was slumped over and asleep in a slow-moving buggy on Sunday night.

An off-duty officer from nearby Quarryville reported seeing the horse pulling the buggy at a walking pace as it straddled the center line.

Police say a breathalyzer test snowed Fisher's blood-alcohol content was 0.18, more than twice the 0.08 legal limit for drivers.

Pennsylvania Police Arrest Amish Man in Buggy on DUI Charges - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com
    Kelly

snowed? :H
    Kelly

Comment

This is dead funny

:H :H :H
      I'll do whatever it takes
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Funny?

I guess I don't see how this is in the least bit funny....is our addiction funny?
        Finally Free

Comment

Nowhere does it say he's an alcoholic or addicted.

I think it's funny because the horse probably knew the way home better than most people, so the guy likely wasn't in danger --except from off duty cops.
          Kelly

Comment

I am feeling a bit of the pre holiday blues here but...... he tested 2x the legal limit....I still don't find this story funny or see why anyone on an alchohol addicts website would??? Where is the humor please? The horse wouldn't have seen the humor either after being put in the barn still harnessed, until the driver sobered up the next morning. Sorry, just not seeing the laugh here.
            Finally Free

Comment

This really isn't funny!
              I live very near the area described in the article. We encounter horses & buggies on all of our local roads. It's dangerous to drive when they're on the roads - and they seem to be out all hours of the day & night. They're involved in a lot of serious road accidents! I just wish they would stay off of the busier roads especially at night!!
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
              X