Please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help

It's friday night. I had fantastic week, but now i feel little lonely in this empty home. I have been sober for so long and drinking a six pack sounds really inviting. It is such a nice warm summer evening here in Sydney.
    The problem is that once i am done with this 6 pack i will probably crave more and as it happened many times before i will end up on a few days binge.
    Cravings are huge. I still got booze at home which i did not touch for a very long time.
    Thanks for listening.
    Netty
    We are your friends. You don't need to be alone again. So come along.

Please help

G'day Netty!
    Go for a drive or walk, or a little jog. What about to the beach? Jump on a bus, go see a positive movie/dvd. Distract yourself, and get thinking about something else. Read a book about someone who has stopped drinking, and how great it is.
    Think, and remember how bad you will feel after a drink.
    Sounds like you'll regret it, then drink more, and more?
    What do you really want to do tonight?
    It's a beautiful night, so get out and about, and enjoy it. Enjoy you, and who you are, and all your great big possibilities!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Please help

Thanks Guitarista. You are right i drink than i regret it. I am not able to cope with the fact that i drank, i am depressed, ashamed so i drink more. Thats how i binge. I know its crazy, but that is exactly my behaviour.
      What i really want to do tonight? Right now i want to get drunk. (I am very serious). The only thing that is stopping me is the fact that i hate the feeling the next day.
      Thank you for replying, it keeps me busy

Comment

Please help

Hi Netty,
        I know exactly how you feel.
        Keeping busy through these times is essential. Putting your mind to work on something else....anything else....will help you keep going until these feelings pass; and they will.

Comment

Please help

Keeping busy tonight might save your life, my friend. Sometimes i feel like getting drunk too, but i know where that leads for me, so i don't. I weigh it up. For me, life is far better fun. But, another difference is that i don't feel the need to abuse myself, or get numb anymore. I've wasted enough time doing that. Now, for me, it's time to live, and i've got a lot of catching up to do!

Don't forget to read the 'Toolbox thread in 'monthly abstinence'. Best wishes buddy.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Please help

Thanks Popeye and Guitarista. I am little depressed now, which is strange cos i am normally never depressed while sober. I am close to tears thinking that all this people out there are partying and i have to stay sober as i am not able to handle the drink. I have a good life.
            There is absolutely no excuse for my drinking. Loving family, great job that i really enjoy, few very good friends that are still with me after all the bad things i have done while i was drunk. I am single, but this is my choice. Although i really cannot complain i feel something is missing (maybe its a booze LOL).
            I know that you can have good time without drinking, but i still have not learnt this skill. I started drinking when i was 16 and i don't know how to behave sober while everyone else is having great time drinking. Drinking always was boosting my confidence. Without it i feel so powerless and small.
            Its a long post, but it keeps me busy at least.

Comment

Please help

You've got to stick with it Netty. I am sober just over i year now, and my life has changed for the better, big time. It can take some time. You've just got to keep going, and keep busy, and healthy. Stay positive. I go out to bar's now, and have a great time af, because my thinking, with time, has changed, and my sobriety and quality of life, are more important to me, than a drink. You will develop this feeling/thinking too. You must keep going, change your thinking to gratitude mode, and get out of 'deprivation' mode. Toolbox thread has some great reading on this. Read it now, tonight. Have patience, smile, be free, and thankful that you are a good man, and you have the gut's and strength, and self respect to see what you can become, and who you really are.
              The night's nearly over, so hang in there, and maybe have an early night?
              I'm off out now, so hang in there bud. Catch you later, and take care. These thoughts will pass, as you know. Just distract yourself by doing some reading here.

Comment

Please help

Thanks mate. I sometimes forget that i should feel gratitude not deprivation. I'm going to check the Toolbox thread now.

"My mouth it’s got a great big smile
                that shows some great big teeth
                to friends it brings a happiness
                and to enemies it means defeat

And my eyes they’ve got some vision
                that can see through many lies
                ah my eyes they look for better things
                the better things to see in life

And my ears are wearing head phones
                that do play my favourite songs
                not music i’m told to like
                but the songs that make me dance along "

Comment

Please help

Its my birthday today as well. Well....

Comment

Please help

Netty, Happy Birthday!! Please listen to guitarista and popeye! They have given you the gift of an ear, support and suggestions! Take it and run with it!!
                    sigpic
                    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Please help

network;773193 wrote: I am close to tears thinking that all this people out there are partying and i have to stay sober as i am not able to handle the drink.
                      You gotta get over that. It will always be a boulder in the way of your success if you dwell on what you cant' have that "everyone" else does. This forum has thousands of people on it who HAVE to stay sober. You need to realize you can have a GREAT time while sober, and not feel like you're being deprived.

In actuality, you're giving yourself a gift. And as you become more sober --you'll realize how many other people out there are sober and you just didn't realize it before because you were wasted.
                      Kelly

Comment

Working...
                      X