Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 27th December

Good morning troopers!
    I woke up this morning feeling like I had done a good job getting through this Christmas. That might sound strange, but I really worry about this time of year, not just about the drinking but the anticipated pressure to feel a certain way I think.
    Anyway, as much as it surprised me, I really did enjoy it, and now I am looking forward to the new decade. I love new year, its time to start anew, have a fresh perspective on life and put in place some new living strategies.
    I have 2 new year resolutions this year.
    1. To find myself the perfect job for me.
    2. To look after myself better emotionally and physically. That means a better diet, doing things that make me feel good and are good for me (can be two VERY different things ) and being more aware of my moods so if they start to slide, jumping in earlier and dealing with them.

Have a wonderful day guys :l
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Good morning to you Starts!

What a lovely way to start the day.... to climb into the Army thread and to read such a wonderfully positive post!

You are blessed in that you have the ability and the drive to make anything happen and you have proven that again and again! Go get 'em girl!
    'Tis with our judgements as our watches, none go just alike, yet each believes his own - Alexander Pope

Comment

Oh I DO like those resos Starty.
      How was Tippy's place Grim ? He didn't try to push you into the braii then ?
      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;780407 wrote: Oh I DO like those resos Starty.
        How was Tippy's place Grim ? He didn't try to push you into the braii then ?
        Hey Bridge.......it was fantastic day thank you.......I rocked up (on time thanks to some low flying along the N1) at 10:00 and only left at about 20:00......

We had good food and plenty of good laughs and the family Tigger did a grand job as tour guide and coffee shop selectors! Bloody awesome cheese cake and coffee!

How are you Bridge? What is news from down under?
        'Tis with our judgements as our watches, none go just alike, yet each believes his own - Alexander Pope

Comment

Morning, Army

I slept like a Yuletide Chocolate Log...
          I'll do whatever it takes
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Some pictures from yesterday:

We snacked on some crackers & cheese before the braai:

For the braai, we had chops & boerewors:

Plus Kalahari's & deboned chicken:

As well as some salad:

AF 21/08/2009

Comment

This picture was taken in the Jonkershoek Nature Reserve just outside Stellenbosch:

In this picture, you can still see the damage from the devastating bushfires we had in February this year:

AF 21/08/2009

Comment

We didn't really have time to "do" the historic cente of Stellenbsoch during Grim's visit (that'll have to wait until next time). He took this picture as we driving through town on our way to have coffee and cake:

AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Irrigation is still done the old-fashioned way in the old part of town. Water is diverted from the Eerste River (literally translated as the 1st River) into Leivore and distributed (I'll still look for the correct translation):

AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Grim takes really good pictures. I liked this one of a gate in a wall.

AF 21/08/2009

Comment

This is the oldest slave bell in town. It was used to summon the slaves to work and rung during the course of the day to signal things like lunch, the end of the work day etc.

AF 21/08/2009

Comment

This is the Eerste River, which runs through town. It originates in the Jonkershoek Valley. It is stocked with trout, and offers some really picturesque picnic spots. The water is stained brown from all the organic matter. Our tap water is also slightly discoloured, but the water is extremely soft.

AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Being the aviation buff that he is, Grim couldn't resist snapping this helicopter:

AF 21/08/2009

Comment

And finally, he also took pictures of 2 of our cats.

Here is our Maine Coon:

As well as our baby orange one playiing on the umbrella on the patio:

AF 21/08/2009

Comment

morning army
                              seems you had a great time there yesterday mr tips & grim,well done
                              way to go starts,you will do it.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
                              X