A new Relationship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new Relationship

As it is the season of love, people here may be threading tentatively on embarking on a new relationship, a few pointers to help you on your way!
    1.Stay focused within yourself, noticing and taking responsibility for your own feelings rather than just being tuned into the other person's feelings. Stay conscious of NOT taking responsibility for the others person's feelings of worth or security, and NOT making the other person responsible for your feelings of worth or security.
    2.Make a solid decision before getting together with the other person that you are willing to lose the other person rather than lose yourself.
    3.Make a conscious decision to NOT make the other person's wants, needs and feelings more important than your own.
    4.Stay clear on your own truth, NOT letting the other person talk you in or out of what feels good and right for you.
    5.Be willing to take full, 100% responsibility for behaving in a way that makes you feel worthy, safe and powerful. Be willing to be who you really are rather than trying to impress. Make a decision that being in integrity with who you really are, is more important than getting the other person's approval.
    6.Do NOT disregard the big or small things that you find difficult, intolerable or unacceptable. If something is unacceptable or intolerable to you early in the relationship, the chances are that it is not going to get better.
    7.Do NOT convince yourself that, because there are so many good things about this person, you can overlook the problems or get the other person to change. This NEVER works!
    8.Fears of rejection can emerge very early in a relationship. Some people are terrified of doing something wrong and being rejected, because they make they other person responsible for their feelings. Fears of loss - loss of self or loss of other - often surface quickly.If you allow fear to guide you, you will likely either pull away or end up in an unsatisfying relationship.
    9.The most important thing to remember as you move into exploring a new relationship is what is most loving to YOU - what is really in your highest good. If you keep asking this vital question, you will find your way through exploring a new relationship without losing yourself and without getting hurt by the other person

A new Relationship

Fabulous post, irish.......thank you.

Only wish I`d had such wisdom many moons ago.........would have enabled me to bodyswerve all the unsuitable `suitors` in my past. :H :upset:

Still, this girl knows better now..............

Star x
    Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

A new Relationship

Great post Irish.
      I am in a long term relationship and I could use a lot of those pointers now!
      Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

A new Relationship

Irish, we've seen a lot as we've passed through life, haven't we? It would be so wonderful if we had had the foresight that is now hindsight, and if we could truly explain to others what we see. Unfortunately, it seems predestined that people learn for themselves, through their own experiences, good and bad. I talk myself blue to my granddaughters, and see the disbelief in their eyes. We at least can hope not to repeat our own mistakes.
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

A new Relationship

rubywillow;782000 wrote: Irish, we've seen a lot as we've passed through life, haven't we? It would be so wonderful if we had had the foresight that is now hindsight, and if we could truly explain to others what we see. Unfortunately, it seems predestined that people learn for themselves, through their own experiences, good and bad. I talk myself blue to my granddaughters, and see the disbelief in their eyes. We at least can hope not to repeat our own mistakes.
          Yes Ruby, I guess sense comes with age!!

Comment

Working...
          X