Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being Honest

Hi All

Time to look ahead and also a time to reflect. Did you reach your goals in regards to al this year? Was not taking a drink the most important thing in each and every day of last year.Only you can look in the mirror and say you gave it 100%. If you didn't what will you do different this year so you can be successful.If you have a long history of al in your life the sooner you realize it controls you the sooner you can make the commitment to going AF. None of the people on this site that have some good AF time thought they could do it but they did commit 100 % and worked hard to be successful.

I was not honest with myself for years because of this I wasted a lot of time. Time is one of the things you don't get back in life. Look in that mirror did you give it your best or is their more you can do. Please learn from an older member of this site who is enjoying an AF life now but should have been honest with himself years ago.

HAPPY AF NEW YEAR

Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
    AF 5-16-08
    AF 5-16-08

Being Honest

Thank you, Caysea - I agree.

100% honest with myself for the first time on August 9, 2009 and 100% committed ever since. These were the two keys that were missing previously - I knew for years I had an alcohol problem - I was just not honest with myself. That would have meant doing something about it. Not wishing, not intending, actually doing something about it. But it was either do or die, pick one.

It was scary as hell and it was not easy. It was incredibly frightening to admit. I could no longer ignore what it was doing to me physically - when I first found this site I felt like I was turned inside out. I've always prided myself on my physical health. Realizing my body was physically addicted to this poison terrified me.

I value all the advice on this forum, but for me I look at what works, who's had success, what do they do, how do they maintain it, etc. In real life I'm kind of wishy-washy, but on the issue of alcoholism, I'm the hardest hard liner. For me there is no grey area. Just that simple.

I wish everyone not only a happy AF New Year, but an AF 2010 (and beyond). Much love to everyone here, and thank you everyone for contributing to this forum - I have learned so much in the recent months, and am now in a much better place. :h
    ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Being Honest

Thank you Caysea and thanks Dancelot for your very thoughtful posts.

Tonight I have been honest with my parents about just how much I slipped up in 2009 after promising to be entirely AF. No I wasn't AF all the time though I improved a lot on 2008.

Having been honest with them (I obviously knew anyway and hated myself for it) makes me feel I can move on and actually commit instead of continually pretending to commit and thinking what the hell, I've screwed it up, I may as well keep screwing it up.

I have made a pact with a close friend for 2010 and have told my parents as well that this will be a sober year no matter what. On the 1st Monday of 2010 I am booking an appointment with the Dr to get referred for treatment for my mental health issues so I can learn to tolerate extreme distress rather than reaching for the bottle.

I hope this will be the final piece of the puzzle and enable me to get the al beast off my back for good.

I hope everyone on the forum has a wonderful 2010 - you are all a great bunch of people and there is a lot of support and love on these pages.
      Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Being Honest

Caysea, excellent topic. I too was not able to make a dent in my alcohol induced life problems until I got completely honest and completely committed to sobriety, and accepted the fact that I cannot safely drink, ever. Things started to really change for me after that.

Dancealot, I really enjoyed your post. I share those sentiments!

Kimberly, I'm so happy for you that you are working at your sobriety and are prepared to go to new lengths to get it. The benefits are huge!

Happy New Year to one and all!

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Being Honest

Hi All

Dance DG Kim

HONEST and COMMITTED

They are the two words that come with success
          AF 5-16-08

Comment

Being Honest

amen cay buddy thankx for sharing

ps all who have share
            :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
            best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Working...
            X