Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Joys Of Sobriety Thread

For got about this thread,sorry......
    The joy of seen my first grandchild,and being around for my daughter and family and celebrating this occasion without a drop of alcohol in my body is fantastic.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Ode to joy.......I'm picking pansies in the park and dropping coins in the fountine.....life does'nt get an better than this.......IAD ha! ( Life is grand sober !! )
      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
      Dr. Seuss

Comment

Slept well last night and have a free day ahead to clean the house. I have energy for that, unhung.

Having nine ten year olds here tonight for a cub scout meeting. In the past I would have poured some wine into a mug to get through the anxiety of having all those parents at my house, judging me, or so I thought. Today I feel confident that I have a nice home, a wonderful husband who will help me lead the kids in fun activities, and no need for any anxiety. The thought of sneaking wine at a cub scout meeting seems ludicrous! I was ashamed to do it before, but felt somehow I "had" to. I don't feel that way now. I trust in the truth that everything goes better without the drink...And even if it doesn't go well, I won't have to wonder if my two sneaky glasses of wine were the problem...Or if anyone knew about them.

I love to be guilt free and (almost) anxiety free.
        "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

I AM NOT HUNGOVER!!!!
          WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Comment

What a great thread idea. We need to celebrate this, feel the upside of being "unhung" in our bones so we can continue on and keep on building on this experience in every branch of our lives.

I love this because slowly I am adjusting to doing all the things I love to do in my Life without subsequently losing a day of Life because of it under the weight of a nasty hangover. So, I can get together with friends and still drink something yummy & non-alcoholic, eat good food, and laugh, etc. It's so nice to do that and wake up knowing what you said, what you did...And not feeling like complete shit is the best feeling in the world. I love being "UNHUNG!"

Comment

great thread

not hungover, and being alive "literally".............almost died last time around...............if that is not a bottom, and I start drinking again, someone shoot me please!!!!

MA:l:h:l:h
              :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Sarasmiles;787942 wrote:
                Yesterday I:

Got the kids off to school in good cheer, because without drinking the night before I'd paired up their mittens, washed and put away their laundry, and slept soundly. It meant that we could start our day laughing and relaxed, instead of hurried and irritable.

Met friends for coffee and since I wasn't hung over, I could chat and relax and feel like myself. I didn't have to try to hide feelings of fatigue or anxiety that come with hangovers.

Took great joy in putting my six year old to bed. I held him in my arms as he fell asleep, and I knew I didn't smell like wine. I could really feel the joy of having him in my life and I thanked God for him.

Ate only nourishing foods, and in healthy amounts, because I didn't lose my inhibitions or good intentions and binge on empty carbs.

Today I:

Got to wake up and remember "I didn't drink last night"!

I'd love it if others would use this thread to take a moment to notice the sober joys of each day. It feels good!

Love to all,
                Sara
                Bump for your first post Sara. Hearing about your children was lovely, very touching.
                Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

IAD;788480 wrote: I'm so glad to find my keys in the morning.....my car......my wallet ! Ha! Just a bit of levity ! Ha! Life is so full now. It has so much more meaning.....kind of like I woke up and smelled the Roses ! IAD
                  IAD you crack me up :H:H:H:H
                  Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Saturday is the one day I of the week continue to be tempted to have "a "drink", which always turns into at least 3. But not today! I will be working on a Power Point presentation for Monday, and going to the home remodeling center to discuss our new bathroom project. This evening I will read a gardening book: I have a vast collection, and never have the time to read them during the gardening season.

Iad,
                    Could you come to my house and find my car keys? I think maybe the dog ate them. They have been missing for at least two weeks. I guess it is on my to-do list to go get a new one made, before I lose the "spare" that I'm using....
                    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Sunnbeam Had to gulp when I read you have a new bathroom project. We've just finished one and it was such a disaster it nearly drove my poor near teetotal husband to drink!!!! Spent the last four weeks surrounded by broken tiles burst pipes crooked toilets leaking showers and literally S*&^%. Be Careful be very very careful!!!!!!
                      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Working...
                      X