Clear All

Huge epiphany!!! Power of Prayer

Well put Cinders.
    Well put
    -Sheep

Comment

Wow,
      Seems like everything I say,do or think is wrong !!
      Did not mean to stir up trouble or controversy !!
      I only have really posted in "General"
      Just wanted to share what was to me a deeply intimate and personal moment with you all!!
      Looks I did bad again !!
      Sorry !!!!

This site has changed .
      And not really for the better if you ask me.
      There is too much controversy everywhere.

There are a select FEW of you here that will be pleased (at what I'm about to say) as I have MANY dear friends here !!
      But I'm having serious doubts if I ever post again or go to chat again!!! (That has been my lifeline for a long time now!!! But if I'm the source of trouble then so be it !!!)

To those of you that have been supportive of my thoughts here THANK YOU!!!
      And to those that disagree I respect your opinion!! (With the exception of "he who shall not be named")

Those of you that are my FRIENDS pm me or call (most of you have my number).

Hope Life keeps you all Happy and Well !! Peace !!!

MUCH LOVE

BOB :h:h

:upset::upset:

Comment

Bob,

From my point of view, this started off as an "I pray and it works for me" thread. I disagreed. Between, Jim, Phil and a couple of other contributions, it was a healthy, respectful thread despite having different opinions.

I don't feel any anomosity towards the few on here that have said "This is how and why I pray."

I do feel the thread was hi-jacked by Mercer who went onto post a sermon.

Bob, Don't be scared to post. Generally, there's nothing wrong with heathly debate if the people "debating" can respect different points of view.

Spam xx

Comment

I agree this should be in the "What we believe section".

On another forum I'm on, if someone posts in an inappropriate section, the moderators simply move the thread into the correct place (with a note to say they've moved it so people who want to post on it know where it's gone). No big deal.

So, any chance of a moderator moving this thread?
          sigpic
          AF since December 22nd 2008
          Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Hi Bob
            My post was not directed at you- your thread was ok in General to me. To my mind, it was a spiritual awakening you were sharing and you were respectful and positive. Most follow up comments, while not all in agreement certainly were respectful. I believe that Mercers post seemed solely religious oriented - and sermon-esque which really would be more appropriate in the aptly titled 'What we believe' section. Pro Chief- why would you leave a place that has done you so much good? Take what you like and leave the rest. You clearly are in a better place than when you first arrived.

Marshy has a good idea. No harm no foul.
            -Sheep

Comment

I concur with what Spam and Sheepish have written. I was not bothered by what you wrote, Pro. That's what this place is for, sharing experiences or ideas. My initial reply was in response to Spam, as I thought an interesting point was raised. My last reply also was not directed at you, but at Mercer, who I felt had turned the thread into an episode of the PTL club.

Comment

Whats the PTL club?
                Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Praise the Lord JB 911!!!
                  Keep talking to us Pro!!
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment