Chat room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chat room

Last night my husband drank and I stayed on the site and in the chat room till midnight to avoid drinking. Thanks to all of you that were so encouraging to me and let me vent off my anger and frustration. There were a few newbies in there at times and I private chatted with some trying to encourage them not to drink, but they ended up drinking and I felt so disappointed I could not help. A subject came up that offended some and I am so sorry for that. I had a couple of guys, who probably were drinking trying to private chat with me inapproprately. Let's not do that to one another. I am very lonely right now and I do not want to take the focus off my staying sober. It is nice to get attention from the opposite sex, but let's be respectful to one another. We are all here to get SOBER! That should be our only focus. I'm so happy I have made friends and I love you all. Hope you all have a great day! :l:l:l:l:
    I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
    but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Chat room

Hi SOBS!! Good for you staying sober! I know yesterday presented many challenges to you, I am so happy that you were able to overcome all of this and "Hold the Course!".

I am sorry to hear that you had to deal with the inappropriate behavior and commons from some male members. This is completely disrespectful and unacceptable! You are right, this is a board for members who want to get sober and live sober. If people want to sex chat and play these childish games they should find another place! I do not think that most women are flattered by this utter nonsense! In the entire time that I have been here at MWO, I have never seen this hapen until recently and unfortunately it is keeping many away from chat, particularly when a certain member known for this is present.

Just....keep up the good work and do not be afraid to report bad behavior to the mods.

Yes, you have made many friends here that support you and your journey towards living a wonderful sober life! Please stay focused on this and don't let the nonsense get you down!

XXX Kate
    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Chat room

SOBS,

I remember your predicament last night; way to go! You successfully ignored a so-called "external trigger" and took control. By keeping this up, I can guarantee that pretty soon you'll wonder why you ever drank in the first place!

That is unfortunate about the harassment you were subject to. I've definitely suspected that some of the inappropriate comments probably derive from members who are actually sitting drinking while in Chat. In a place like this, my advice is just find the members you connect with and deal with them. Even after only being a member here for 6 months, I have already made it a point to avoid Chat when certain members are present.

The good news is, members who continue to get drunk and harass people in Chat often don't last very long here, so I suspect the slew of recent incidents in Chat will end soon. Keep up your good attitude!

Comment

Chat room

Wow
        I went to chat last night for the first time in a very long time. I always ask if everyone is Ok and make sure that the people that are looking for support are getting it. I hope that everyone that needs support feels free to go to chat.

Comment

Chat room

I never get "hit on."

In chat or in person.

Sigh,
          Cindi

Not really making fun of your predicament, SOBS. I was "followed" down the hallway today to my room. The guy who was following me "lives" across the hall. :H:H

But, being inappropriately hit on is not fun for anyone, male or female.

I am simply trying to add some levity to the thread.

Do not let those in chat harrass you in anyway. Stand up and say you don't want it. Okay?

That is what I would tell my girl.
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
          X