21- Day Consciousness Cleanse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone heard about this and if so, do you think it will complement, "The My Way Out" program? runningwind
    The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

No, but I would like to check into it....
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Well, just glancing at it after Googling it, I'd say yes. The thing I love about MWO is it is "my" way out. I add what works, and keep an open mind. One common denominator I see is successfully sober HAPPY people is a spirituality, or "positive thinking" outlook. So even if someone is agnostic, the right attitude makes a difference in being happy rather than finding ourselves miserable being sober. Whether you get it from spiritual source, religion, AA, or elsewhere I don't think matters so much is finding it.

I found at about 5 months sober, I needed to do a little work in this area, or I could tell I probably wouldn't stay that way. I'm doing better now, and am learning to take life's ups and downs, just by keeping my mind in the right place, so to speak.
      ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Dance...I always enjoy your posts...you are so wise
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

I just Goggled this myself runningwind, hadn't heard of it either.

I have to agree with dancelot - if it works for you then great

I have a membership to The ToDo Institute: Mindfulness, Procrastination, and Gratitude using Morita and Naikan Therapies
          You will find a wealth of material on alternative methods of mental health Morita Therapy & Naikan.
          I've also used the 21 Day Habit Busting program to rid myself of negative thinking.

I say 'if it feels good do it'
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Thanks, Mama Bear!
            ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

:thanks:dancelot and Lavende, for yall's time looking into this and for your imformation on the website and advice. This is why this website is so awesome, because of people like you all! runningwind
              The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

mama bear, as soon as I get the details of this, we are there. :illbeback: runningwind

Comment

Running, IMHO anything that doesn't contribute to the poisening of our bodies is worth investigating. I'll tell you (without the graphic details!:H)I fell for one of those 'colon cleaning programs'. I lost a couple of pounds, prob from barfing the horrible drink, and since I'm so tall it takes a good bit of weight loss to matter, so now I stick with proven, free, (MY) doc recommended programs. Water, water, water, and lots of lemon. Fresh vegetables and fruit (I was astounded at how little most people get in their diets), fresh juices, lean meats, whole grains that are not 'enriched' (taking out all the good stuff and putting chemical vitamins back in??). That's the trick to cleansing our bodies, plus trying to live away from toxic areas. Where do your shrimp (or prawns) come from? Did the know the USA has a higher criteria than most of the rest of the world?? If my seafood is not 'wild caught' or 'caught in American waters', I don't buy it. You can search out local farms and cooperatives, buy seasonally, and your diet will be SO much better. Also, lay off the fried stuff. Once you've done that a month, grease will lose its appeal!
                  sigpic
                  Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                  awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

21-Day Consciousness Cleanse

:thanks: so much Rubywillow , for all the imformation, I thought this being a brain thing though, that the cleansing would be nothing but positive. I just don't know if it's worth the twenty-one days? This may sound silly but from reports I have heard in the media, I thought our food was some of the worst there is. I have heard lack of man power to over-see it, is one of the problems. I hope I have been mis-imformed. :thanks: again, runningwind

Comment

Yip, I started this -- only got to day 2 unfortunately and then things at home turned pear-shaped so I stopped and haven't picked it up again but I fully intend to at some point.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f4...nse-40262.html

Here is a link where you can do it on-line.
                      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

THANK-YOU!

Alright Dee Bee! I think you should Post this imformation in the nesting section. From what I read,if done, would lay down a good foundation for anyone trying to stay sober. Let me know if you restart this cleanse. I would love to hear back from you. Thanks again for the website imfo, you are a God sent! Take care, runningwind

Comment

It's a pleasure RunningW.
                          I'd love to start this again and will definetly post again:-)
                          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Working...
                          X