No More Butts...The Beginning..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Today is Day one of non smoking for myself, K9 and Wanna...(anyone else please feel free to join in....dare ya)

Has last cigarette at about 10.30 last night. I immediately got rid of ashtray, lighter etc....

Woke up this morn and the first thing I felt was a disappointed pang that I was not going to be able to smoke....quickly turned that around to...."Thank God, my lungs are going to get a break today" "Wow, I don't have to smoke today because I am now a non smoker"
    I think if I try to shift my thoughts in this direction, it cannot help but get through to my brain in time...

I am actually hungry now...breakfast is usually skipped for me as 2 cigarettes and coffee takes away the hungry feeling I wake up with...so there is benefit no 1 right there...

I will be posting here during the day and for the next few weeks to put down how I am getting on...sorry if that will be boring for people...but I need to be accountable and this will help me a lot..

Wanna and K9...please check in and let us know how you are doing????
    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
    NF 12th May 2010

oney, im in but not confident. i will be pleased if i can just cut down. my morning routine lately has been get up (eventually), few cups of tea, back massage machine (jiggly), MWO, and a couple of smokes. its as association thing, unfortunately MWO is an big association as i smoked a hell of a lot when i first came on here. ill just have to change the thinking 'cos im not giving up MWO. this morning im sucking on a lozenge and having coffee instead of tea (association). its funny, i rarely smoke after about 6pm... my ive had my nicotine fill by then. anyhow im with you for now, and feel accountable now that i am here.
    Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
    Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Good luck everyone,You have the full support of the non smoking community here..

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Good luck. Fortunately kicked the habit the same time I kicked the AL habit. It seemed easier as my smoking and drinking went hand in hand. Not sure I would have been able to otherwise. Double trouble worked for me

You can do it!
        AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

That was weird, just had my first craving this morning, its gone now tho... think there may be some aftershocks but that's ok.
          Best thing to do is not fight back, let the cravings want a fight but don't fight back.

My lungs already feel better, more oxygen going to my brain - I may be on overload for a bit this morning.

Comment

Thanks for the encouragement guys..much appreciated.

Morning Wanna...had a couple of cravings myself but nothing major..I feel better too tis morn...bring it on!

AF 10th May 2010
            NF 12th May 2010

Comment

The MWO Toolbox thread will apply here in many way's. Go for it. About time!....;-)

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Ohhh Good point Mr G...nice one..thank you xx

AF 10th May 2010
                NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Ok lets use this thread to talk about it and discuss feelings and stuff.

Don't be fooled 123, the cravings you are not feeling will be felt and they will be strong, you will want to pull the hair off mr perv across the street who keeps talking to your... anyhow they will be strong and I just want to tell you - they will pass. I just had one so far this morning and plenty of the small ones, we could do some sort of a richter scale, 1-10 10 being the worst, so for me one 8 so far and plenty of 3's

Comment

20 year veteran

I quit 20 years ago.
                    Honestly guys you will be SO OFFENDED by fag smell after a while.
                    People are only allowed smoke outside here. Then I make them remove their own filthy butts.
                    Even then, I still give em the hairy eyeball through the window....I HATE IT....
                    There is life on the other side folks.
                    And you'll be able to taste your food and your fingers won't be yellow and stinky.
                    And you won't have those wrinkles around your mouth ...I won't say what it looks like right here.
                    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Good idea..I have had a few 3's so far...maybe a 5 first thing this morning (I have my first smoke as soon as I get up).

I feel very very positive and happy with my decision to quit but I know from experience that the addict voice will be talking to me before long...thats when I will jump on here...I think reading the toolbox thread is a very good idea too..

AF 10th May 2010
                      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;854714 wrote: I quit 20 years ago.
                        Honestly guys you will be SO OFFENDED by fag smell after a while.
                        People are only allowed smoke outside here. Then I make them remove their own filthy butts.
                        Even then, I still give em the hairy eyeball through the window....I HATE IT....
                        There is life on the other side folks.
                        And you'll be able to taste your food and your fingers won't be yellow and stinky.
                        And you won't have those wrinkles around your mouth ...I won't say what it looks like right here.
                        Like a cats hole...I have a terrible fear of growing a mouth like that..in fact..I won't because I won't be smoking..Thanks Bridge!!

AF 10th May 2010
                        NF 12th May 2010

Comment

one2many;854716 wrote: Like a cats hole...!!
                          But apparently you will :H:H:H
                          If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Borrowed from the Toolbox thread...

Urge surfing is an important and very helpful way to deal with cravings. Every urge, impulse, or craving has a natural progression. It starts at zero, and then suddenly we become aware that the wish, desire, craving, or impulse has arisen in our minds. It can continue to get stronger, once it has arisen. And, eventually, it will fade away (so long as we do not give in to it). This is ALWAYS true for any and every craving or impulse.

Sometimes we have the (very false) impression that cravings are SO strong and powerful, that they will never go away and we MUST give in to them. One way to deal with that is to make a conscious effort to step back (mentally) and observe the craving, as if from a slight distance. Ask yourself: what am I thinking, what are the words running through my mind? Where am I feeling this craving in my body? Observe how the sensations and thoughts become uncomfortable; observe what the messages are that you might be telling yourself; and observe how you will soon become distracted, and find that you are thinking about something else... because the craving has faded away.

Once you have done that several times, you will have a different perspective on cravings, and you will be much better able to resist them. And you can always use this method, any time you find yourself struggling, or getting into a mental argument about whether or not you should or could have a smoke.

AF 10th May 2010
                            NF 12th May 2010

Comment

That's it 123, thats what I wanted to say but that puts it so much better

I too am glad and confident, I have to do this too if I want some sort of a life back
                              Yeah Bridget, I could smell it in the lift this morning.. omg uuuugggggh... now I understand a lot of things.

Comment

Working...
                              X