Menapause

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Menapause

I raise my glass oops I mean hand for Dr. Northrop! I started out with my own research, herbs and all kinds of tricks up my sleeve. It workied for a while but then it just wasn't enough. One day at the gyn office I looked in my file and saw a handwritten fax I had sent. O-M-G!!! I was psychotic. Oh wait, maybe I was drunk. Maybe both! Anyway, I was horrified. I finally agreed to tri-est, a vegetable based hormone that was compounded especially for me. The compounding pharmacy tweaked it based on our conversations of how I was feeling. I was very happy with it.
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Menapause

Three cheers to all you women who are celebrating this time of life and not letting it dictate how you should feel or behave.

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Menapause

Besides ladies, who wants the company of men who want silicone breasts and plastic surgery, while all the while they have no balls and their brains have been gone since they were teenagers!!
        :H:H:H

Especially when there are REAL men that celebrate us as we evolve and change!!
        A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Menapause

Amen!
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Menapause

SOBS,

I hope you are getting the idea from some of us post-menis out there that life can be wonderful during and after menopause.

It sounds like you have been given some wonderful advice on reading and learning to help you deal with the emotions you are going through. But, as Kate, Ruby and others have said, it is a part of life.

Embrace it as a good thing, if a bit uncomfortable right now. That will pass.

Like Kate, in many ways my life is so much better now than when I was younger. I wouldn't trade this for anything. Getting and staying sober is my focus right now so that I can enjoy them.

I hope you can stay sober, too, so you can go through this with open eyes and an open heart. You will be glad you did. I wish I had.

Love,
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Menapause

KateH1;886980 wrote: Besides ladies, who wants the company of men who want silicone breasts and plastic surgery, while all the while they have no balls and their brains have been gone since they were teenagers!!
              :H:H:H

Especially when there are REAL men that celebrate us as we evolve and change!!
              Go Katie!! And all of us!!

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Menapause

OMG, I never expected so many posts on this subject. Thank you all so much for your encouragement, wisdom, recommendations and the beautiful video that made me cry. I have already ordered the book and can't wait to read it so thank you, thank you. You all mean so much to me! Love, Vicki
                I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
                but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

Menapause

hey there vicky well i do know alittle about it and well sue is going thur it and the doc said no to hormones and prescrip black cohosh .. it works well for sue..she takes one a day and get rid of the hot flashes and >>>>>>maybe improve sex drive .. were hoping ..lol.. give it a try and talk to your doc ..
                  :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                  best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Menapause

Hey Vicki...
                    I feel your pain. I'm 49, too. Herbal stuff didn't do squat for me. I was having hot flashes, night sweats, etc. I'm on bio-identical hormones as of last October, and I now feel great.

Comment

Menapause

I just read Suzanne Somer's book, Breakthrough, and she talked about bioidentical hormones. What are they and where do you get them?
                      Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Menapause

I don't know but doggy girl does. PM her maybe?
                        sigpic

Comment

Menapause

I've talked to my daughter about them, we're looking into how her practice could do them for me. She's a CNW/CNP at a woman's health center.
                          sigpic
                          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Menapause

Another thing you may want to consider is progesterone cream. Have a browse at Emerita's website - owned by women. EMERITA: About Emerita You can call them with questions. I like that.
                            sigpic

Comment

Menapause

Bring it on! I can't wait! Seriously! Wish I could have had menopause in my 20's! What is so flipping great about having a period? NOTHING!

I agree with checking out Dr. Northrup.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                              X