rock bottom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rock bottom

pompeyman, I just saw and read through this thread. Boy, you have been through a lot! You have provided a very clear description of where the use of AL will take us alcoholics. A very good reminder!
    I am glad you are staying clear of the AL now and wish you all the best in pursuing your recovery. Sounds like you have a good start!

Comment

rock bottom

hi all .... well pay day is here!!!! last one before unemployment looms ...... have a detailed plan ...... going to buy mum a present and send it and see if there is a reponse ...... going to ring everone on my DAA list ....... going for aa (Freudian Slip??) walk along Plymouth Hoe ..... meeting someone for coffee...... finishing the day with a meeting .... if I can get thro today i'm on the way to cracking this thing ..... today is usually the day a binge starts , getting my glasses mended from my hospital incident, got a good book to read ....... and so on ...... and i am keeping away from pubs ..... normally "I'll just have a lime and soda" lasts for the first one and then ... well we all know what can happen next .... will also post here a few more times than usual for support :wave:to remind me we are not alone in this illness .... have a good day everone and thanks for support ....... speak later PM ....ps pompey won 4-3 on penalties last night after a 1 all draw .....have to remember normal hum drum life goes on around this turmoil ........... here goes x PM
      I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round .... really love to watch them roll .... no longer riding on the merry-go-round ...... I just had to let it go

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans

Comment

rock bottom

Best to you today pompey man! Sounds like a good plan for today - you stick to it!! Make sure you stay hydrated and eat well. Rooting for you!!
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

rock bottom

Pompeyman,

I am looking forward to seeing your post later that says you stuck to your plan and you are doing well.

I hope some newbies read your orginal post on this thread to see where this can and does lead us. It is not pretty, and quite darned ugly.

I am rooting for you, too.

Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

rock bottom

good for you pompey. if you feel any desire to drink just read you thread starter here. thats enough to put the most hardened drinker off.
            Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
            Keep passing the open windows

Comment

rock bottom

hi all MWOers report on how today has gone ALL GOOD NEWS!!!!.... going to buy mum a present and send it and see if there is a reponse BOUGHT HER A BOOK SENT IT AND HAD A 5 MIN CHAT ON PHONE WITH HER SHE DIDNT HANG UP AND TALKED ABOUT HOW HER CHEMO IS AFFECTING HER ...... going to ring everone on my DAA list DID THIS AND EVERY OTHER PERSON ON PHONE TOO SPOKE TO A COUPLE OF OLD FRIENDS NOT BEEN IN TOUCH WITH FOR YEARS....... going for aa (Freudian Slip??) walk along Plymouth Hoe DIDNT GO ON HOE TORRENTIAL RAIN BUT DID SPLASH AROUND A FEW SHOPS IN TOWN..... meeting someone for coffee NO BUTI DID HAVE A COFFEE MYSELF WHILE SORTING OUT MY MUMS PARCEL...... finishing the day with a meeting GREAT MEETING BASED AROUND A DISCUSSION ON TRAD 11 OF AA .... I HAVE GOT THRO TODAY AND BY THE WAY HAVE NOT STOPPED EATING GREENEYES i'm on the way to cracking this thing ..... today WAS usually the day a binge starts , getting my glasses mended from my hospital incident THEY MENDED THEM FOR FREE SO GAVE A DONTION TO BREAST CANCER , KEPT WELL AWAY FROM PUBS x PM

ANY NEW PEOPLE OUT THERE WELCOME ....... IVE NEVER BEEN AS DETAILED IN MY JOURNEY TO SOBRIETY IN POSTS BEFORE I WILL KEEP THIS GOING 1: IN CASE MY CONTINUING STORY HELPS ANYBODY STOP THIS DESTRUCTIVE BEHAVIOUR ASAP AND 2: RECOVERY IS A SELFISH THING AND THIS SEEMS TO BE HELPING ME AND IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM YOU HAVE TO DO WHATS BEST FOR YOU FIRST IF YOU ARE NOT WELL THERE IS NO FOUNDATION TO SUPPORT OTHERS ......... thnkyou everyone for being there for me will post tomorrow PM x by the way I remembered another incident from my hospital incident ..... I ripped a drip out of my arm at one point , thought they were drugging me and they started discussing sectioning me ....... that memory helped me get over a couple of brief cravings today x:happy:
              I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round .... really love to watch them roll .... no longer riding on the merry-go-round ...... I just had to let it go

Comment

rock bottom

Pom, you're doing a great job on your plan. That starts off great (I'm not going to pull punches, you need truth!) but after a few weeks, a month, time, we become 'complacent'. So always be ready to modify your plan for each day as you become more succesful.
                Also, don't say 'if' I make it through tonight, say, think, WHEN. Mama Bear posted a wonderful video today about positive affirmations, and speaking for myself, they work for me. When we, you, become just too stressed or tempted, find a place and listen to something calming, and reaffirm your value. We have to expect success. I've know people with desparate diseases, who still confirm they are winning, through whatever happens. They have less choice over what's happening to their bodies than even we do. Many times, I've thought of the people I've known and lost who would have given anything to have our choices, since they really didn't have that many. But this IS an individual thing, and the disease, the toll it takes on us, is no less important than cancer or heart failure.
                I'm SO glad to see you still here, still working, so planning. It is THAT important now, you know.
                xoxoxo Rubes
                sigpic
                Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

rock bottom

Ruby :h thanks for advice and thoughts ....... have been here before and things have gone exactly the way you say ....... so i am taking on board your last post ....... just enjoying the success of today ....... will take it day by day and readjust as necessary as the journey continues ...... however, having said that, and mean it, i have never felt as close to the end as I did in that hospital room as i hopefully have been explaining, hence the urge to set out my experiences in this thread more openly than i have ever done before , even in what i have considered to be "safe" meetings ........ i would be grateful if you will keep reminding me in case i do get carrried away .... as with many of us i believe i suffer from cyclothymic disorder, not diagnosed, (mild bi-polar) and i do get carried away or down easily for no apparent reason.

Am glad you are in the sunny south here we are sheeting shit (it's raining!) take care , hopefully speak soon ...... Pompey:thanks:

Comment

rock bottom

Pompeyman,

Good on you for making it through, and good on you for knowing that the next day can bring you back to where you started.

It is hard. Incredibily hard. Our brains tell us we "need" the booze to get by. We don't, of course, but our brains think we do.

Fight the inner you that says you "need" it.

Keep fighting.,

We will keep fighting with you.

Cindi
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

rock bottom

Like I said, Pom, I'm here. One day at a time, as usual, but at some point, it gets much easier. We have to be ever vigilant, like a person watching for their disease to reoccur. And you know, even if you've never been on a sinking ship, or a crashing plane, this IS life and death.
                      I've lost 2 to death this year, and one as good as, to AL. It tells me another binge, ANOTHER drink, could be my last concious action. The other 3 died at a very ripe old age, of natural (?) causes. It reinforces my determination. My granddaughter told me today she doesn't want me to die before she does. I just hugged her, because I have no way to really explain now how life might work, but I'm NOT going to give death an excuse, and don't you either. You have a world waiting for you.
                      Rubes
                      sigpic
                      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

rock bottom

Good morning ....... as usual thanks for the nice early morning support and advice to wake up to here in jolly old England!!!! After next tuesday will only be able log on once a day for the foreseeable future so i am making the most of it while i still have laptop ........ bloody new weather front sweeping in across the atlantic today ...... still as lennon says ...."when the rain comes they run and hide thier heads they might as well be dead ...... rain rain rain .... I dont mind " and Paul " ...... so pick up your umberella, put on your plastic macs, youve never felt the rain my friend till yove felt it running down your back" .... so just going to go out in it and enjoy the experience ...... have a lovely productive day each of you ....... Pompeyman x

Comment

rock bottom

and that hug ruby makes it all worth while x

Comment

rock bottom

Just wanted to offer my support Pompy, the rainy days will always come but you are right, put on a coat. Every journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step and I think you can see the path and are starting out along it, you can do this. Have you considered buying a cheap older computer to be able to keep online. Some of the older stuff is almost being thrown out and would do for your needs. I think it is important to be able to come here every day, be accountable and 'speak' with people who truly understand.
                            Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

rock bottom

that can be one of my jobs for today!!! thanks for the suggestion x

Comment

rock bottom

pompey, you're doing great. why not save the money from AL for a new laptop, then you can come here loads, and loads.... keep on watching the wheels go round
                                Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                                Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Working...
                                X