rock bottom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rock bottom

Pom, since you waxed poetic with Lennon, I'll do the the same with Redneck...........

'Don't pee don't my back and tell me it's raining!'

Sorry you will be away some, according to your post about access, but if it gets tight try to find a place where you can reach us, or call someone near you. You are on a different level now. Keep climbing them.
    Sometime, having your own, private, picture or song or video may help you over a hump. I look for them constantly. This one is very personal, but it's worked for me. Find what works for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv3WSrZ-9bM[/video]]YouTube - Alison Krauss sings A Living Prayer
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

rock bottom

in local library at moment and can use internet here so even if i cant get hold of computer at home it will be a nice regular part of my routine to get my ass down here each day once the laptop goes back to catch up with you guys x off to a meeting tonight ..... think i'll give it a miss tomorrow you can get all meeted out!!!! have a good evening everyone ....... they are cutting the school budgets here in the uk and i spent 5 hours delivering leaflets against this this morning .... felt i was actually doing something useful ..... hand was attacked by a letter (post) box tho and wont stop bleeding!!!!! xx
      I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round .... really love to watch them roll .... no longer riding on the merry-go-round ...... I just had to let it go

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans

Comment

rock bottom

And you deny the validity of Freud

Went to meeting tonight ...... DAA .... chatted to a member who I first met at AA a few years ago .... he works in IT and says he can lend me a laptop till I get sorted ... what a fantastic, altruistic fellowship, even if it turns out he can't what a beautiful intention ....... any one out there with an addiction this is the place to be and where ever you are in the world there will be a room of real people for you to go and, whatever, you can meet face to face other people if you feel that will help ...... google DAA/AA meetings pump in the country, time and day and if you can make it and consider going and checking it out .......... I mentioned in earlier post about my/others theories about cyclothymic disorder unfortunatlely feel i'm on down ward slope .... oh well if i'm right at least I have some kind of awareness to help me ride it out ..... sleep tight , pompeyman or actually .... Geoff ...xxcx
        I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round .... really love to watch them roll .... no longer riding on the merry-go-round ...... I just had to let it go

Comment

rock bottom

thanks zen did get good nights sleep ..... had intense mood swings pre - pubescent - got worse when my dad died when i was 11 , sis's were 5 and 1, sort of became their dad, pretty certain part of the jigsaw of my addiction is sub conscience self medication of the syndrome cyclothmic disorder see ....

www.webmd.com/...disorder/.../cyclothymia-cyclothymic-disorder

love my DAA meetings , a drug is a drug ...... AL just happens to be legal ...... the people i've met at DAA meetings seem to be so more understanding and less judgemental , than some AA ers, not all by any means, perhaps because to maintain their addiction they have had to fall back on different behaviours as most of their drugs of use are illegal ..... have a good day MWOers .... feel I am going to walk the day away ..... there is a lovely little boat that goes over Plymouth Sound to 2 little ex smuggling villages in Cornwall with a goergeous walk back along a cliff in the grounds of an old country house where you have to catch another ferry back to Plymouth ..... see if that helps me ride out this oncoming downer, you get to know, + not been an easy couple of weeks , when they are on the way ........ hope you have a great day where ever you are ....... and as an old Irish comedian used to say (Dave Allen) ..... may your God be with you x PM

Comment

rock bottom

i used to love Dave Allen - i was fascinated with his missing half finger....
            but jeez he was a great comedian.
            :l to ya PM keep coming back.

Comment

rock bottom

2 of his best jokes .....

?Am I the Irish comedian with half a finger? No, I'm the Irish comedian with nine and a half fingers.?

?I'm an Atheist...thank God.?

Have a great day down there in oz guess you are asleep now ... hope these bring a smile to your face when you wake and set you off on a good day
              PM x

Comment

rock bottom

hi pompey, good day ahead for you i hope. yeah i thought dave allen was funny, all i can really remember is his half finger and a glass of something by his side...... but i do remember laughing
                Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                Keep passing the open windows

Comment

rock bottom

My SIL lost his left pinkie finger in what (now!) is a family joke, but his 2 boys (4& 5) will mimic it with their hands and say 'look, I'm just like my Daddy!!' It all means something.
                  sigpic
                  awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

rock bottom

hi spud ..... i seem to remember it wasnt really whiskey in the glass but just a prop ... my mem could be playing tricks on me nothing would surprise me after the last week or so ... been loooking up DT's ... think i was there ... especialy ripping out the drip ... paranoia, hallucinations threatened sectioning etc. cannnot get to next stage which is seizures and poss brain damage /death ..... feeling rellly down today but it least i realise this is all part of early recovery ... just clench those teeth and a step at a time hard today tho .... so glad you got thro your diffs a few weeks ago .... dont know who you are ,,, apart from the posts ..but this site is a great support, just been applying for a teaching agency on line ... hard to update your cv when its hard to remember a few days ago!!!! still its a challenge and something to do to take my mind off bargain hunt (which i love!!!) ...... never thought i was gay but who knows!!!!!! be a shock for my kids ...... my sis is going to write to them for me to try to take me out of the equation ..... nothing to lose ... and she is the only member of my immediate family who has never abandoned me regardless .... not blaming others id have told m to fck off years ago !!!!! sorry to go on feeling a bit lonely and down and craving .... member of fellowship said he will lend me a laptop until i can afford one:thanks: when i have to give this one back .... how beautiful is that ....... im sure you have stuff to do rather than read these ramblings ....... have a great day spuddle x

Comment

rock bottom

Hey Pompy you are never alone when you have MWO and all the marvelous people here, dont forget that eh.
                      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

rock bottom

Pom, just keep rambling. It's better out than in, with all things! :h
                        Here's a laugh for you. Place is called Goats On The Roof.
                        sigpic

Comment

rock bottom

:rays:thats me (the goat on the right) ..... i cant explain why my tail is so erect .... obviously another blackout!! seriously meeting with my new DAA sponsor tom at 2 BST to discuss/do step 3 ...... always been my failing as a commited atheist ..... feel i have discvered a higher power of my own this time tho ...... if/WHEN ... thanks ruby .... it works out i will continue to post both for me and anyone who is new ...... tihs stuff is worth a shot XXXX PUP full moon here in England tonight .... always find it inspiring x

Comment

rock bottom

Hi Pompy, step 3, I guess a lot of people fall down on that one. Thing is 'as we understand Him' means to me, my perception of a higher power. That can be an all encompassing Deity or it can be the power of goodness inherent in the universe or just whats inside us. I could go on but this is not a 'what we believe ' thread. Good luck with it today, I hope you can reach out, look deep inside and find what you need.
                            Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

rock bottom

yay pompey, thats great about the laptop, people can be wonderful. for me it helps coming on here when the cravings/blues hit so its great that you will have access. give that guy a hug from me (well you are gay now). its good that youre starting to update your CV and stuff but to be gentle on yourself. i know i was really glad that i wasnt working while trying to get this beast sorted. ok i was skint but i really needed a bit of me time without too much outside stresses.
                              Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                              Keep passing the open windows

Comment

rock bottom

I am so grateful to you all .... went to meeting last night... but did nothing for me ..... just remembered all the bad AA days ...... just want to be normal and see my children ...... my little girl told me to remove her pic as my prof so of course i did .... at least she is monitoring my posts ..... do not feel good today to be honest a bit worried about what i might do ..... not to worry anyone will be safe and will post later ......pompey lost again .... bottom of table ...... who gives a sh*t x have a better day than im going to have love PM x

Comment

Working...
                                X