Startingover's fall from grace.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starts - I know I should seek some counselling as I am not getting through this a smoothly as I thought I could. I guess I just don't want to go through it full on, all again as it's so painful. It's easier to push it all down and let little bits of pain out when I'm alone and then just the door again tightly when it gets to hard. Uggghhhhh.

I do have many many happy days and moments of the day. I am not depressed all the time. Great kids, husband, friends..... It's when the night comes or I get hit out of the blue with a blast of reality saddness you know? I will think about the counselling. I do believe in it, I will consider it.

No Al for me today. I don't want to feed the depression (which booze will certainly do) and give tomorrow a fighting chance at a great happy day.

Thanks,
    Meech

Comment

hey starts, what to say? We all feel for you @ planet aspman, so glad you are posting and very nice to see you reciveing some suport as you have been the rock for so many.
      so brave, so giving.
      Thank you for being here!
      AF since 10/26/2009

It will be five years sober 10/26/2014

Comment

Honey, I had been thinking of you but was so wrapped up in my own tragedies... I'm so sorry (again) for what you had to go through and SO proud of you for recognizing and being willing to face your demons once again.
        :l You're one lovely lady and a strong one, to boot.
        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Thanx for sharing, :h Just like to give you a Big :l from me.xXx
          Formerly known as Teardrop:l
          sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
          my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Starts, my heart was breaking for you as I read through your posts. It's all so scary, and we're never far from the edge, it seems. It was good for me to be reminded of that today. Thanks for sharing this. I admire your courage. :l

Tracy

?Our freedom can be measured by the number of things we can walk away from.?
            - Vernon Howard

Comment

Starty, thanks so much for sharing your painful journey so courageously, it can't have been easy and it resonates with so many of us , bless you :l:l

Dewdrop :h
              Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

Coming here and seeing so many positve responses gives me such a lift every morning
                Thank you so much xxx
                Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Starts, I'm absolutely shocked...I had no idea about any of this. I've been out of touch & didn't even know your Mum was sick...and all the shit that goes with it.
                  As always you've showed amazing grace in your honesty, you've opened up & it's helped me understand a little more about this addiction thing we all face.
                  So thankyou, matey, for being the wonderful person you are.
                  :l:l:l

Comment

ive missed you Angel :l:l:l
                    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Working...
                    X