What I really don't miss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I really don't miss

Congratulations, Autumn... I'm very proud of you!

"Protect your Quit"... whether it is a day, like 1/5/2014, or it's a moment in time that's not found on a calendar but in your heart.... Protect it.

It's easier said than done, for beside the psychological turmoil, there are the societal rules that we think
    we have to follow in order to be socially acceptable. I have training wheels on, too, so as I go down my new alcohol free trail, I realize that yes, there are people out there that don't even have alcohol in their minds as a beverage choice.... and yes, they are "normal" folks.

Big hugs! :dancin:
    "God didn't give you the Strength to get back on your feet
    so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down."
    :hug:

Comment

What I really don't miss

autumn;1055497 wrote: I don't miss waking up with a hangover

I don't miss worrying that I have no vodka left from last night to stop the rattles,

I don't miss trying to sneak out of the house to buy it,

I don't miss having to sneak the vodka back in,

I don't miss the fear of being caught,

I don't miss trying to find new places to hide the empties,

I REALLY don't miss trying to function through the day whilst half cut, just to 'feel normal' when I wanted to go back to bed and forget the world.

I DON'T miss those days AT ALL!! Just ODAT.
      I am with ya.. i agree with each and every thing you put here...
      caper
      AF since Sept 2013...
      :alf:

Comment

What I really don't miss

I do not miss having the taste of rum and coke in my mouth all day, no matter what else I eat or drink.

And I agree...let's keep this thread alive, it gives you a good kick when you need it!
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

What I really don't miss

I really don't miss...

? being 50lbs overweight....3 more pounds to go!
          ? being so behind in school because I drank instead of studied. I am struggling now...
          ? always being broke and living paycheck to paycheck
          ? not remembering pretty much half my life...was supposed to be the good years...these twenties...
          ? losing all of my friends ~ all of them ~ because I was dumb and drunk
          ? crying because I couldn't get my hands on booze and then crying when I did. What a struggle and nightmare this addiction was and is and I didn't even know it.
          I have more but I am so sleepy.

Oh I also don't miss destroying my relationship with my partner because that was what I was doing. Thank God he stuck with me.

Bri

Comment

What I really don't miss

I don't miss the after midnight drunk dials- t used to me outgoing.
            Now, I get the calls and often it's my drunk brother calling me. If I'm awake, I listen to a bunch of maudlin emotional stories, starting, with, "You know what?" and often ending with, "Do you know what I mean?" Of course, if I call him back the next morning, he has no recollection of even calling me.
            "God didn't give you the Strength to get back on your feet
            so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down."
            :hug:

Comment

What I really don't miss

Thanks for the hugs HappyLife, and thanks to every one that keeps this powerful thread going. When i re-read the threads here I am always shocked as to how insidious AL is in the cold day of light, it is a sneaky evil little critter!

Ouch to the broken toe Jane27!

I don't miss the bruises, huge angry ones when you wake up and think WTF! Where did that one come from?
              Answering the phone drunk, and yep taking notes was the only way to vaguely recall the conversation.
              I don't miss the "I have told you this before" whilst trying desperately to remember any details.
              I don't miss putting the phone down & cursing that I answered it, as I could hear myself slurring.
              I don't miss being told that friends hung up on me as I was too drunk to string a sentence together. Really?? No recollection of that either.

I really don't miss the 'double drinking' sipping a glass of wine with hubby, but knocking back the hidden vodka whilst nipping to the loo, or the kitchen for a large swig.

I really don't miss sleeping with a bottle of vodka under my pillow so it will be immediately there when I wake-up and hubby wont find it when he searches the house for my hidden stash whilst I snore away passed out. That is not normal behavior, that's messed up thinking.
              I can not alter the direction of the wind,

But I can change the direction of my sail.

AF since 01/05/2014

100 days 07/08/2014

Comment

What I really don't miss

NotHappyHourHappyLife;1681984 wrote: I don't miss the after midnight drunk dials- t used to me outgoing.
                Now, I get the calls and often it's my drunk brother calling me. If I'm awake, I listen to a bunch of maudlin emotional stories, starting, with, "You know what?" and often ending with, "Do you know what I mean?" Of course, if I call him back the next morning, he has no recollection of even calling me.
                I know what you mean

Comment

What I really don't miss

What I really don't miss?

My crappy, messed-up, nearly died, existence that was no life, 101 days ago!!

:cheering:

AF since 01/05/2014

100 days 07/08/2014

Comment

What I really don't miss

Happy 101 days Autumn!

What a huge result. Bravo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

What I really don't miss

Thanks G,

It's awesome how much better life really is, in only 100 days!

AF since 01/05/2014

100 days 07/08/2014

Comment

What I really don't miss

Congratulations on your 101 days Autumn, triple digits, no turning back now.

I dont miss the existence i used to call my life.
                        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

What I really don't miss

Hi Autumn,

You are a wonderful person, you have never given up the long hard battle and you
                          certainly have had a fight with it all haven`t you, to now have 101 is awesome and I
                          know you will fight this battle with all the strength you have in your body.

Much love your old mate Flossie xx
                          Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Comment

What I really don't miss

I don't miss being too tired and irritable for my family,especially the baby,he wouldn't hardly come to me when i was drinking,probly didn't recognize the bloated face and red,watery eyes,sea hag hair,no don't miss it
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

What I really don't miss

A Huge Thanks to everyone for the words of encouragement.

It has been a damn hard roller coaster of a journey. But once again, take a deep breath and carry on upwards!! Every day sober is a gift rather than a guilty existence.

I really don't miss the AL seizure that ended it all with a hospital admission.
                              I really wont miss the bashed up and bruised face and head injury.
                              The hospital detox for a week,
                              The pain and hurt on DH's face as I had really 'done it' this time.

My Rock Bottom? You bet. Not my finest hour. But this spell of sobriety is my finest hour!!

I had quit for 6 months, and then fell back into my old ways terrifyingly quickly. Only it was much much worse. It took 18months of hell before I smashed into rock bottom (literally). Had I not had the seizure, would I still be a drunk? Thankfully I don't know.

But I am here, and hell or high water I am determined to protect this quit, as i am not sure I have another one left...

Thanks all again for your support :l This is truly an amazing place xxxx

AF since 01/05/2014

100 days 07/08/2014

Comment

What I really don't miss

LOL. Can't believe people can miss waking up sober. For me there is nothing better to wake up and be fresh. That party time has faded away)

Comment

Working...
                                X