Alcohol Free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alcohol Free

Thanks everyone. I have a relative visiting so can't post much at the moment, but all I can say is that I have zero cravings - I can't even 'make' myself want to drink. Baclofen does work and I'm not on a mega dose at all.

I also want to say that I'm sorry for the people I shouted at recently or frightened. I'm not usually like that at all, but if I feel under attack I can become defensive-aggressive. I just feel embarassed that I lost it for a while. I put a lot of it down to never having dealt with a few things due to my alcohol use, with continuous negative repressive experiences throughout my childhood having a lot to answer for!

Comment

Alcohol Free

wehey.... bloody marvellous. good for you and long may it last
      Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
      Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Alcohol Free

Thanks Spuds

It's not been easy but I might have cracked it now. I'm just frightened that it might wear off or something. Basically I've been trying to stop drinking alcohol for 8 years now, I've tried just about everything you can think of in that time. Rehabs, AA, medications, fitness, changing jobs, changing lifestyle, going on holiday etc etc. I'm not going to slag any of these off since for a lot of people they do work, and are worth a go. I also believe this is a manifold condition, and I have a lot of respect for the things that AA do and say. Their group method doesn't work for me, but I got an awful lot of support as well as identification from them. Now I'm free of cravings I'm looking forward to getting down and figuring out how to live a better life. I'm pretty poor at times, although a lot of people in my real life don't see it. Things like dealing with tricky situations, confidence, self-image etc etc.

I reached the switch after only 5 weeks of stop-starting with baclofen, and at reasonably maintainable dose. I've just read information recommending staying on the same dose in order to prevent relapse, and lucky enough my doseage isn't going to cause too many problems.

Comment

Alcohol Free

Arrgghh.

I've almost had a craving this morning, suspect it's because I spread my dose evenly yesterday instead of weighting it towards bedtime. Am also wondering if this is where I get tolerant and have to increase my dosing. Still AF and on day 10 now.

Comment

Alcohol Free

Hi uk, I am very glad you are not leaving you talk a lot of sense and you would be missed on here, I have no experience of baclofen so can't be any help i'm afraid but I wish you all the best
            Taking it ODAT

Comment

Working...
            X