Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alcoholic, alcohlism, Alcohol dependancy, Alcohol Habit

What matters is what something is, not what it is called. Shakespeare

And what it is.....is something different for all of us. And only we, in our minds eye, know the full truth. Not only where we are with AL, but what we must do to overcome it.

I kidded myself for years thinking I was "trying" to quit. Telling myself I was okay...lots of people worse...I mean I work and everything. blah blah blah Deep down I knew I was just putting on a show to make myself feel better and making excuses. I'm no expert as this is only day 2, but for me it came down to just not buying it.....and dealing with how it felt.

I hope this doesn't come across wrong...just my opinion

Strength and support to all :l
    :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Englishwriter. I agree with you about the media. Thats why I will refer to myself as an alkie no problem on MWO but not outside it. There is such a poor understanding of what it means. Its either used as an insult or as a phrase to describe someone who likes to go on the piss regularly.I am an episodic alcoholic which confuses people even more.They dont believe someone can be an alcoholic if they only drink x number of times a week/month. I feel like saying..give me that glass of wine and tell me in the morning that you still dont think I am an alcoholic.I wouldnt even touch a glass of wine when I was out unless I had a stash waiting for me at home. The panic at the end of the bottle is too severe for me. Yet I have less drinking episodes per month than a lot of my normie friends. I avoid explanations. Only 2 people know. Its weird. Im weird.:H
      I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

There is no way the bottle is going to be stronger than I am.

Comment

I find this whole thing confusing and have been thinking about what exactly an alcoholic is for about 6 hours now so I'd like to ask, to clarify things: if you know you cannot stop drinking, but can force yourself to limit how mcuh you drink each day in order to plan how mcuh there will be tomorrow, where does that fit? To me alcohol is a dose, I have my dose now, which is bigger than it was a month or so ago, and once I've had that i want more but stop so I can save the amount I intend for the following day? alcoholism by definition doesn't seemignly allow for planning, but I like eveyrone else here acknowledge i couldn't jsut stop without any negative effects
        I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Working...
        X