My story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My story

I have just read a post on here that shocked me and made me realize my life is the same

It brought me to tears so I thought I should share my story

Aged late 30's married 2 young kids

Today I have woke up with a brutal headache god knows how much I drank yesterday I have no idea , no idea what time I went to bed , I woke up on the couch but didn't wet it like previous times

For many many years I have had coming togethers with the fact I 'think' I drink to much but it's not all the time I do (but currently I am)

We went away recently and like most trips it was great but blurred by the booze and headaches

I run a small company and feel a fraud trying to motivate people and drive sales when all I want to do is hide _may as well mention the company is almost bankrupt

As for my children I have ' got away' with any serious issues when looking after them alone - oh one time I got so pissed I passed out and my partner cam home to screaming Babies all cold - but again survived that one

As fir my partner why is she with me? I simply have no idea I must stink the house must stink and my partner must always wonder has 'he' drank to much tonight the bed will be wet - must mention the family is short on money

As fir my health it sucks I have a beer gut that makes me cringe, I am unfit - some one I met the other day said god you look tired - I am very

Stress and aniexty - ? Well I won't drive over a local bridge so I drive arou d the long way home

God what a mess! My partner says the trouble is I don't do if all the time ! Maybe that's why I continue ?

My story

Hi Time. I had a very long and difficult struggle to face the truth about my alcoholism. So I can relate to those thoughts that "it's not ALWAYS this bad...." A couple other favorites of mine were to seek out others who on the surface, appeared to have a worse drinking problem than me so I could say "I'm not THAT bad...." I also of course told myself thousands or millions of times... "that's the LAST TIME I drink THAT much!!!" Only to do it again and again and again.

The only solution for me was to stop drinking completely. There are lots of tools out there to help us accomplish that. The important thing is to get busy and figure out a plan. And if that plan doesn't work, revise it.

For me, AL makes a good situation bad. It makes a bad situation worse. The outcome was never a good one. Now? My life is completely different and yours can be too. It won't always be perfect but problems are MUCH easier to handle when sober than when drunk. At least for me it works that way.

Strength and hope to you. If I can do it, so can you.

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

My story

Time is Now,

your story reads very sad. I'm sorry you're in such a bad place.

I must comment though, you have an obligation to look after your children. If you are drunk when you shouldn't be (in a socially acceptable way, like when child minding) you have to really examine what's going on.

You have a drink problem! If you're "pissing yourself" on the couch I think that's a real sign. Time to stop listening to what your partner says if she says that you're not that bad all the time. I'm guessing she's not clinically qualified to make that diagnosis.

Can I also say that drinking makes you fatter? If you are concerned about your weight I would stop drinking. Good advice someone told me once that I still ignore form time to time.

PM me my friend if you need encouragement.

med+c

Comment

My story

not when child minding---- sorry

Comment

Working...
        X