Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the point anymore

Day effin 1 again
    ?I thought I'd begin by reading a sonnet by Shakespeare, but then I thought, why should I? He never reads any of mine.?

What's the point anymore

HI Geek! xx I do not know your story but at least you ARE ON DAY ONE AGAIN!
    SO that is the POINT you are AF today! xxx

Comment

What's the point anymore

It's night time here, just finished drinking, I just don't know how many times I can do this, ended up doing coke aswell. Don't wanna be here anymore
      ?I thought I'd begin by reading a sonnet by Shakespeare, but then I thought, why should I? He never reads any of mine.?

Comment

What's the point anymore

I'm a fucking waste of space

Comment

What's the point anymore

Geekteeth, I know exactly how you feel and so do so many others here. That continuous Day 1 cycle tears you apart. But you have to get right back up again. You are not a waste of space, but as long as alcohol is your friend, you just wont be able to see that.
          Go to bed as soon as you can. Up in the morning and hop on here and read your ass off until you get things in perspective again....you can do it and you are worth it! I'll be looking out for you tomorrow. Never give up! Take care! :l
          IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
          Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

What's the point anymore

Hey GT its the drugs and alcohol talking. I know because the drinking made me feel the exact same way. After I quit drinking I found stuff I had wrote when I was drinking and it was horrible. It was the most hateful stuff anyone could say about someone and this was stuff I wrote about myself. After I got sober I NEVER felt that way again.

You will not feel better until you rid your life of the AL and drugs for good. Have you tried any support groups? For me SMART recovery made the difference. It taught me how to change my thinking and behaviors. Two weeks after I started I got sober. Between that group and this website I have been able to change my life after daily drinking for 10 years.

You can do this but you have to say no to drinking and drugs no matter what happens.

Take care and I hope to see you hear tomorrow on day 1.
            AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

What's the point anymore

Hey GT....we got your arse matey....good advice here....we DO all know how it feels...and that you are definately worth it...Day 1 it is....minute by minute if needbe...read, rest, read, sleep, read, cry, read, laugh....stick with it...you can do it...xxxxx
              ...peace and quiet....and a cup of tea.....heaven:h

Comment

What's the point anymore

In the same boat mate.

I guess its worth all the Day 1's because of the Day 10's. When you've had the good night's sleep you've missed out on for years. When your body feels like it's supposed to. When your mind is harnessed and you've just completed three days work in one morning, or when you've just stopped to notice an average something and found it beautiful.

Or, for me, that feeling when I'm walking up the High Street, surrounded by noise and turmoil but inside I'm still, like KungFu Grasshopper coming out of the desert.

I'm on Day 2. Join me.

Comment

What's the point anymore

GEt back on the horse GT! We can do this!!!!
                  "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

What's the point anymore

You can beat it, just make sure that you take AL off the table for good. Also setting up a plan and sticking to it will work too.
                    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

What's the point anymore

Geek, you made it to day 8 clean and sober! When was the last time you did that? Remember how good you felt and how good you felt about yourself this past week? You feel like shit now because of the alcohol and coke. The worst thing you could do would be to give up and walk away from the forum. When making a major change in your life you go through steps. The change is not immediate. You'll take 2 steps forward and 1 step back, but eventually you'll get the bugs worked out of your plan and you'll get stronger and stronger. You may feel like a waste of space, but again that is the alcohol talking. How would the people in your life feel if you were gone? How would they feel if you just stopped caring and they had to watch you slip away? You are not a waste. You are a human being who has an addiction. You have so much potential and love in you that is being imprisoned by your addiction. You can win the battle. Just don't stop trying.

Comment

What's the point anymore

Geek, I don't know how you feel about religion, spirituality. I DO believe there's a bigger power in the universe, how we got here. And we're put here, with all the things that come along. But no one is a mistake. Everyone has a world of potential and that includes for change. What have you changed in your quest for sobriety? Think of this as a battle for the real you. Identify your enemies. Don't let them near you, while you plan your strategy to win the war. You are not alone in this. You haven't done, aren't any different, in what's going on in the battle, than more people than you know. Keep reaching out here, but LISTEN to the things that can help you. Build a plan to fight your own personal war, friend.
                        sigpic
                        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

What's the point anymore

Hope you are feeling better today - keep fighting!

Comment

What's the point anymore

Thank you all for your support last night, I am so sorry for swearing also, I was just very angry with myself....day 1 finished with(again!). Thank you all once again

Comment

What's the point anymore

Hope all is ok GK and you are back with us.

Best of luck in racking up some AF & NF free days.

You wont regret it and your life will improve so much very quickly if you get sober.

All the best.

Damo in Dublin
                              Still trying !!!
                              AF 25th June2014

Comment

Working...
                              X