ending life while drunk aka suicide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OH SHIT!!!! IM SO SORRY I DIDNT MEAN TO ALARM ANYONE!!! i guess im only brave enough to post that truth when i have had a drink. i was saying what had happened a couple of sundays ago, when i got my new found determination back (ha that sounds stupid now). i had been scared about posting it as it makes me feel awful to think about it and i didnt want people to think i could be so stupid. i'll explain more in a moment, my laptop is playing up and i dont want to lose my post
    Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
    Keep passing the open windows

Comment

ill explain more. bear with me i find it difficult to think about this. i have had issues with depression in the past and ended up in hospital one after overdosing my insulin (drunk of course). after this i had councelling (cbt) and now take an antidepressant. the greatest thing to lift my mood was not drinking. i really turn into a different person all together. people who know me think im a happy, positive chirpy person and i do try very hard to be one. lots of reading positive re enforcement stuff etc. and i honestly do feel pretty content with my life at the moment .... apart from the booze of course.
      last sunday i had a horrible day, found out someone i know had clocked up over ?1000 on my credit card.... thats what tempted me to drink. then things went tits up, i argued with mr spuds, i went out and made an arse of myself and then went totally bonkers. started trashing my stuff and throwing things out of the window. i really felt like a pressure cooker that had blown its valve. i only vaguely remember this, then to wake up with a huge gash in my arm..... well, what can i say. i was horrified. i really dont know what else to say, but im sure im not the only one who has done such a stupid thing after drinking. i know there is one very simple answer.... and believe me im working on it

Comment

Yes I've done all that stuff, including trashing my own belongings. I keep saying you remind me of myself 5-10 years ago, and I just hope you don't have to go through any of the other awful stuff that followed.

Comment

Ukblonde;1158453 wrote: Yes I've done all that stuff, including trashing my own belongings. I keep saying you remind me of myself 5-10 years ago, and I just hope you don't have to go through any of the other awful stuff that followed.
          oh that makes me feel so young...... ha but seriously, ill skip the stuff that followed and get back to being happy sober.

Comment

Spuds, one of the things AL gives us is all kinds of reckless courage, which is a very SHARP double-edged sword. It also takes away all reason. Don't apologize for the past here; you hurt no one, just brought out the people who care about you enmasse! You KNOW all the facts, the stuff, that AL is a MAJOR depressant. So now, it's time to call in the troops (they're here round the clock) if/when you find yourself considering a bad move. You are NOT bothering people. This is what MWO is about. So get your arse on this board BEFORE you drink the first one. :hug:
            sigpic
            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Thank you for posting. I'm glad to know that you're okay.

Comment

Glad you are ok x
                ...peace and quiet....and a cup of tea.....heaven:h

Comment

Working...
                X