Heineken Commercial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heineken Commercial

Hi, there was a thread in the Just starting section about advertizing and alcohol a few days ago and it really made me think of how brainwashed we are as a culture. I couldn't find it to respond to so I'm starting a new thread.

Has anyone seen the latest Heineken commercial with the really super suave cool guy with curly dark hair and a beard? It is a really great, eye catching commercial with a great tune in the background (Golden Age by the Asteroids). The cool guy in a tux enters a party after just exiting a limo. He's greeted by foreign dignitaries and everybody is so happy to see him, the women seem to swoon. The cool guy proceeds to engage in various little interactions... including a karate show down with a karate master. He also pulls a table cloth out from under a table full of glassware and wipes the corner of a woman's mouth with it. Finally, someone tosses him a flute which he twirls like a baton and he starts playing with the band (the lead singer looks just like Avril Lavigne) His reward at the end of the commercial is a Heiniken.

No wonder we like to drink!!! Drinking is so glamorized and depicted as fun and cool and the in thing. I just can't stand it anymore. I am so ready for the culture to change. Just venting!

The following is the link to the commercial FYI

http://youtu.be/0VQ62Uvz1y4[/video]]‪Heineken- The Entrance - Ads of the World™ best film‬‏ - YouTube

Heineken Commercial

Its not just commercials. Has anyone noticed that dinners and get togethers on television shows seem to always have people with wine glasses or something alcoholic?

I always wonder if I notice it purely because I am an alcoholic or do others? I think I will ask my husband tonight.

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Heineken Commercial

Alcohol is in most television shows after childrens programming ends. Most protagionists on these shows drink to relieve stress. Just count how many of your fav shows display their characters reaching for a beer or glass of whisky. I read somewhere that dramatic television programming itself was designed to sell products, hence all the commercials and target audience demographic consideration.

Comment

Heineken Commercial

It's the advertising business, they get paid to sell the sizzle not the steak. Their industry exists to make all kinds of garbage look appealing - garbage food, alcohol, sugary sodas etc. It's up to the individual to make sound choices and not take hook, line, and sinker the images on tv.
        2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Working...
        X