Day 2 and feeling pissed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 2 and feeling pissed

well today is day 2 for me and for some reason i am in the worst mood. i can usually go most of the week without a drink but i usually know i will get to stay plastered all weekend. i want this weekend ( and the following, etc) to be different. i want to be sober. i want to be healthy. i want to be happy. i ordered The Easy Way to Stop Drinking because it seems to have great reviews. I will use it as a part of my "toolbox". I am sure by Wednesday I will be in better spirits. Thanks for listening...
    I must suppress the beast within so I can find my way out of the darkness.
    sober since 2/4/12

Day 2 and feeling pissed

Hey star!

I know what you mean about certain days when you feel you are gonna have a drink, mine is as soon as I have money in my pocket! I have read the easy way to stop drinking and its very good(didnt stop me mind you(please dont feel discoureged by that) but it does open your eyes to a few things...keep us posted on how you are getting along with it, and keep coming here! have a fantastic day!
    ?I thought I'd begin by reading a sonnet by Shakespeare, but then I thought, why should I? He never reads any of mine.?

Comment

Day 2 and feeling pissed

I have found that sober we have to learn to deal with emotions we simply covered up with alcohol in the past.

It is actually normal to have "bad" days where we are pissed off, or antsy, or depressed, or anxious, etc.

The majority of the world does not use a substance to deal with it. We do.

Everytime you get through one of these episodes, you develop just a little more strength.

I find smiling artifically helps a bit. I know it sounds weird but while you are reading this paste a smile on your face. It helps me, anyways.

Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
      X