Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question

Ever since being sober I have these periods where I NEED sweets and lots of them! It lasts a few weeks but really gets me down as it makes me feel crap.
    My question is, if I wasn't sober, do you think this would be when my drinking would be at my worst?
    I've had them since quitting and I winder if there may be a connection?!

I know eating sweets are much better then drinking, I'm just curious is all. Has anyone else experienced this?

Question

lil.michelle;1176757 wrote: Ever since being sober I have these periods where I NEED sweets and lots of them! It lasts a few weeks but really gets me down as it makes me feel crap.
    My question is, if I wasn't sober, do you think this would be when my drinking would be at my worst?

I know eating sweets are much better then drinking, I'm just curious is all. Has anyone else experienced this?
    Oh Ma God Michelle - me too!! I cant get enough of them! I was actually thinking of try L-Glutamine? It is supposed to be good for many things, including AL and sugar craving. Does anyone want to chime in on experience with it? Hang in there girl - sweets are better than AL!

Comment

Question

Chocolate, Lil, Chocolate!!
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Question

lil.michelle;1176757 wrote: Ever since being sober I have these periods where I NEED sweets and lots of them! It lasts a few weeks but really gets me down as it makes me feel crap.

Have you noticed the intense cravings coincide with a full moon rising? This is the best time to do a parasite/candida cleanse as this is when they are voraciously hungry and they LOVE sugar! If that sounds too wacky for you, then try to feed those cravings with plain yogurt and berries with some stevia/xylitol and even some organic cocoa powder thrown in.
        Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Question

Have you tried Chrormium i've tried that in the past helped me

Comment

Question

Hi Lil

I have experienced sweet cravings during times of sobriety and also days/weeks when I was drinking when it 'felt' completely different to normal. Usually when I am pre-menstrual I find myself much less tolerant to AL and more prone to reckless, fast and heavy drinking that leads to blackouts. A full moon was even worse - almost like I wasn't aware of what I was doing and would have some crazy binge. I'm lucky i didn't die on some of those occasions.

This month, PMS and the Full Moon coincided and guess what? My daily drinking that was getting more excessive culminated in me getting up on Friday, still drunk at 7am and immediately pouring another drink and continuing to drink throughout the day but realizing somewhere deep inside, the insanity of what I was doing. I had my last drink that night and am recommitting to being AF.

Hormones do crazy things to us. Maybe would be worth a trip to a naturopath or other health professional for tests to see if anything is out of balance? Sorry not much help but just wanted to say I know where you're coming from.

Congrats on still being AF!! Way to go.
            Bean

Comment

Question

Hi Lil

I have experienced sweet cravings during times of sobriety and also days/weeks when I was drinking when it 'felt' completely different to normal. Usually when I am pre-menstrual I find myself much less tolerant to AL and more prone to reckless, fast and heavy drinking that leads to blackouts. A full moon was even worse - almost like I wasn't aware of what I was doing and would have some crazy binge. I'm lucky i didn't die on some of those occasions.

This month, PMS and the Full Moon coincided and guess what? My daily drinking that was getting more excessive culminated in me getting up on Friday, still drunk at 7am and immediately pouring another drink and continuing to drink throughout the day but realizing somewhere deep inside, the insanity of what I was doing. I had my last drink that night and am recommitting to being AF.

Hormones do crazy things to us. Maybe would be worth a trip to a naturopath or other health professional for tests to see if anything is out of balance? Sorry not much help but just wanted to say I know where you're coming from.

Congrats on still being AF!! Way to go.
              Bean

Comment

Question

Hi - try checking out sugar sensitivity. I've just begun to look into all of this...

Radiant Recovery&#174 - Dr. Kathleen DesMaisons, author of Potatoes Not Prozac, The Sugar Addict's Total Recovery Program, Your Last Diet
                ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Question

Hi Ringing Cedars
                  Can you give me any advice/info re candida/parasite cleanse? Thanks very much CB
                  You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Working...
                  X