It Starts Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It Starts Today

Boy my ears have been ringing lately.....sorry to hear you've got this bug Meech. It was defo viral for me. Since you're in Canada--there are two products I would use to back up the Oregano Oil, Natural Factors, Anti-Viral(liquid or caps) OR CanPrev's, ColdPro(caps) which has both anti bacterial and anti viral properties too. Hope you feel better and into the training soon! Hiya Zen!!
    Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

It Starts Today

Feet cancelled. Guess why? Reflexologist has the FLU!!

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

Comment

It Starts Today

Ba ha ha. Wow I guess this virus is world wide!

Thanks RC for the advice on supplements I check out our health food store tomorrow. I have had a BIG rest and cancelled my group trail hike tonight. Hiking in the cool rain (and I am the leader so must act energetic and focussed) would put me in the next level of sickness. Instead a bath with epsom salts and some tea. Would rather keep this in the head and throat and not the chest.

Time for some homemade soup. :l

Comment

It Starts Today

Do get some Meech--and the other stuff too---might as well nip it---I had it a couple weeks ago too. I had to pull out all the artillery--even GSE--Yik Yuk -- no yak... anyhoo feel better.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

It Starts Today

Declarations have been made!

Hi All,

Well I still feel like crap but only from my nasty head cold not from AL!

I may have to break down and get some sinus medication so I can make it through work tonight!!

DECLARATIONS - I had a road trip yesterday and decided to listen to a motivation/habit busting presentation that I downloaded a few years ago to help quit or control drinking.

Well I must say with the knowledge and support I have received here at MWO and my own growth and understanding of AL over the past year it has brought a different perspective and a greater sense of focus on how I listened to it yesterday.

So I have tweaked my "commandments" to be a little more positive and REAL.

PLAN
            1) I recite my declarations right before I go to sleep (so it's the last thing my subconcisous hears before I fall asleep). I don't have any self-doubts or negative thoughts entering my mind - so my subconcious can process the positive declarations all night long.

2) I recite them first thing in the morning. In the shower, car, bathtub, throughout the day.

It's my way of BRAINWASHING into a healthy happy lifestyle. Just like we were brainwashed into thinking alcohol was a reward, stress reliever, friend. Time to take the brain back!!! :nutso:

Just some of my declarations....
            * I no longer drink alcohol. I enjoy relaxing at the end of the day with a rewarding gingerale, peppermint tea, sprite or club soda with lime and mint.
            * I am getting stronger and happier everyday.
            * I get a great sense of peace, inner strength and happiness when I walk away from the temptation. (I picture or imagine myself walking away with a big smile on my face everytime I say this).

They say it takes 3 weeks for the brain to start re-wiring old habits. The brain takes the least path of resisitance so I want to make a new easy happy AF Path not the easy AL addicted road. Heck make it a AG Freeway in my brain!!! :happy:

Comment

It Starts Today

Meech, :goodjob:

What a great job you are doing. Your declarations are something I could say to myself too, so thanks for posting them. I am going to have to start keeping a personal notebook/file of all the good information found here to look back on when the going gets tuff.

Looks like we are about at the beginning of WEEK 3, so our brains should start to
              re-wire. :yay: Yeh! There is some great dialogue going on in "Tell US Your Story" on Supercrew's thread regarding CBT. Check it out.

Keep up the good work.

Comment

It Starts Today

meech....I am here for you...antabuse is working for me right now.....
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

It Starts Today

Hi Mama Bear,

Glad the anabuse is working. There are so many different options - the key is figuring out what works for each of us. I am hoping to change my brainwashed noggin!

Now I wish this nasty nasty head cold would let up. I have missed 3 days of work.
                  Seeing the Dr. today - I hope I don't need antibiotics. Arggghhhhh.

Comment

It Starts Today

I am also reading Jason Vale's Kick the Drink......just a thought...
                    feel better sweetie
                    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

It Starts Today

Hi Mama Bear,

Phew finally feeling this silly rotten head cold letting up. Hurray.

I actually ordered the Jason Vale book through Amazon and hoping it arrives soon. I read the Allen Carr book and although I agreed with much of what he was saying it didn't stop me from drinking. So hopefully this Vale book, my delcarations, and other tools put all together will help me stay stober.

How are you finding the book so far? I know many here love it.

Comment

Working...
                      X