Army Thread 11th.October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 11th.October

Good morning, Army . Or at least: I hope it'll be by the time some of you lazy feckers drag your sorry arses out of bed

Nah... I'm just jealous because I have to be up at sparrow's fart. Only 22 more years of this and then I can retire uncomfortably :H

Have a happy Tuesday, folksies!
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Army Thread 11th.October

Tipsters,

I am with you on the retirement thing. I figure at about age 85 I might, and I mean might, be able to retire. I can just see myself in 10 years pushing carts at customers and saying "Welcome to Walmart." (If you don't live in the US, you might not get this...)

Zenners,

As I told you in pm, I love football. (American football.) When I lived in Denver, CO during the last Elway years, it was scary. My DIL could not believe how I yelled and screamed when Denver beat Green Bay for the championship. Silly stuff. I know. Somehow it draws me like a moth to the flame. I find myself watching the college games these days because I am a graduate from Alabama. LSU is kicking butt and is ranked #1 right now. Every weekend I sit and hope that LSU loses and Alabama wins. No idea why it means something to me but it does. LSU ranked #1, ALabama ranked #2.

Hi Army friends. Hope all are doing/going to do well today.

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Army Thread 11th.October

Hiya Cinders & Zenners

Cindi: I do get the Walmart reference :H:H:H They've recently acquired the majority stake in a big Saffa retailer: we're expecting big changes in the not-too-distant future. Not all of them for the better.

Zennie: I'll get you in an unguarded moment. Be afraid. Be very afraid.
      I'll do whatever it takes
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 11th.October

Good morning Tips, Zen, Cindi and everyone else to come
        Coffee brewing and off to walk pug dog.
        God, when you talk about 22 more years to go.....:upset:
        Actually, there are loads of strikes and protest going on in France today-especially with transport. Traffic will be a nightmare.
        People keep talking about Greece but things are getting very bad here too. Scary.
        bacinabit

Comment

Army Thread 11th.October

Morning folks, I would happily take 32 more years, some days I feel very old.
          Expat I don't think the facts have sunk in with many people yet that all the taking to the streets isnt going to change the facts. Dont we realise that the standard of living enjoyed by most people in the EU is never going to get back to the levels they were at, at least not for decades if at all. All the protests and strikes aren't going to change the fact that we collectively over consumed and broke the system. There is a seismic shift in world order happening before our eyes.
          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Army Thread 11th.October

Or maybe I am just talking through my hat.....

Comment

Army Thread 11th.October

Good morning you lot been awake for hours but did not want to get out of bed.

Tips I was listening to the bbc world service and there was a very interesting story about about the origins of the "BRAI" and and an even more fascinating story about immigration from Malaysia to the Capetown area many years ago. They were also cooking apple and potato pudding. Lots of talk about the local wine, at which point Mr A woke up.

Off to make coffee. have a great Tuesday folks

Comment

Army Thread 11th.October

Morning

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Army Thread 11th.October

Your post woke me up ktab :-)

Comment

Army Thread 11th.October

Hello again
                    Kids are at school. The house is quiet. Weird.:H

Comment

Army Thread 11th.October

Hi expat

Comment

Army Thread 11th.October

So what's everyone doing today? No work for me but that's a good thing. Loads of stuff to do around the house and errands to run.

Comment

Army Thread 11th.October

Sorry, was I shouting mario?

Comment

Army Thread 11th.October

I am not in work so i am very busy,

Its dark and rainy outside :-(

Comment

Army Thread 11th.October

KTAB;1191194 wrote: Morning folks, I would happily take 32 more years, some days I feel very old.
                              Expat I don't think the facts have sunk in with many people yet that all the taking to the streets isnt going to change the facts. Dont we realise that the standard of living enjoyed by most people in the EU is never going to get back to the levels they were at, at least not for decades if at all. All the protests and strikes aren't going to change the fact that we collectively over consumed and broke the system. There is a seismic shift in world order happening before our eyes.
                              I agree with you KTAB. All the taking to the streets isn't going to change a thing. I think people are just feeling frightened and desperate.

Comment

Working...
                              X