Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternative Addiction Talk Show

Hi All:

I found a free online talk show where the host interviews addiction health professionals about alternative treatments, programs and changing attitudes. It's really been helping me make a breakthrough and change my half-century of thinking about all this. I uploaded it to my computer and portable music player and I'm just listening all the time -- alternating between this and health/fitness shows. Because I do feel on an emotional roller-coaster (fine about it one minute, hopeless 10 minutes later) the constancy of listening has been essential for me.

I don't have anything to do with this show, just stumbled on it online. I mentioned it elsewhere and then realized from a response that not everyone is familiar with how to search for it, so please forgive the explanation. The show is available on iTunes -- which is free and works on both PC and Mac. Google iTunes and download the app. Once you have installed and opened iTunes, locate the iTunes store from the left-hand column. It's possible you may be prompted to open an iTunes account, but it is free unless you decide to purchase something, and the talk show is free too.

Once you're in the store, search at the upper right in the iTunes for BTR: Addiction Treatments That Work. There's a ton of interesting and diverse stuff, but the unifying thread is that everyone's mind and motives are unique and there's no universal approach.

You click "subscribe" in the podcast, then locate "podcasts" in the menu and click "Get all." It downloads for free. From here, you can plug in your portable music player and drag and drop for mobile podcasts. Again, apologies for the detailed instructions but I've learned folks have a range of computer familiarity -- and would hate for anyone interested to miss it.
Working...
X