Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

army thread thurs 3rd nov

HA! thought i'd catch you all napping!
    & i went a posted a very nice reply to yesterday's thread then said to myself, "self ( i said), that is sooooooo yesterday".
    so here we are now into today.
    make sense?
    didn't think so.
    hi to everyone yet to wake up.
    just about to get lunch & i thought of you ktab cos i'm having quinoa!

Hi Beags thanks for starting us off, I am still stuck in yesterday's for the moment.
    Enjoy the quinoa, dont forget to use plenty of fresh herbs & evoo.
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

KTAB, we keep yelling at ya to sit and stay.. but you keep popping in/out of chat
      :l You ok???

Hello Beagle!!!! Long time no type!!! How are ya?
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

hello fellow horse-fanatic sunny gg!
        yeah, i've been staying under the radar a bit but not too bad......waiting for some decent weather to ride my horses!
        My mare has been AI'ed to a well bred cutting stallion, & hopefully i will be posting foal photos next year!

Comment

Yeh grand ta GG bar the usual, don't see any point in lying here. Been trying to get into chat on a couple of different commuters but to no avail. Think times past when I should have called it a night, so g'night.
          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Thanks for starting us off Beags, and hello Sunnybutt & KTAB
            I'll do whatever it takes
            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Morning/Evening Beagle, GG, KTAB and Tips:l

Comment

Good morning army!

The army thread didn't really stop at all last night, did it?

Comment

It's a bit early in the day for heavy stuff, but I didn't get round to replying to stirly yesterday.

stirly-girly;1202152 wrote: Reccie - I could use your read on what's going on with the economy here. I know you follow things closely and I value your opinion.
                  Stirly, it's hard to see how Greece can remain in the eurozone in the long run, regardless of the outcome of the referendum, because the austerity measures required of it by the rest of the eurozone countries are simply too onerous and the pain being felt by the Greek people will go on for too long (decades). In order to become competitive and begin to grow again, Greece needs to return to a devalued drachma and default on all of its debt.

The policy makers are in denial and are doing what they do best, which is kicking the can down the road. Trouble is, they're rapidly running out of road.

A number of Greek banks have lent a lot of money to the Greek government, so if Greece defaults on its debt those banks may go bust and obviously the Greek government will not be in a position to bail them out. I would not want to have money in a Greek bank right now.

Comment

Hello Reccie and Zenners
                    I did sleep but now I'm sipping coffee and trying to wake up. I'm glad to get back to work today but it's hard to get going. Raining out there. But the idea of staying trapped in the house all day with the kids is really helping me to get motivated!:H

Comment

Zenstyle;1202468 wrote: Bah... made me look! And nobody there.

Well, I caved and bought a pack of fags last night. I'm kicking my own posterior and I stink like all get out. ( Its really a horrible thing, smoking.

I should prolly go talk to the mirror as I doubt anyone is around!
                      We are here!!!!
                      Zen-I caved too. Not even smoking almost as much but I know the number is going to start creeping up again if I don't just stop. I know I can't mod with cigs!
                      They are talking about Greece on the radio right now. I figured I'd wait till I had my coffee before listening. It's depressing.

Comment

Hello expatty and zenny

Shame about the fags, you two. That's one problem I haven't got, but it must be a tough habit to give up. Have you got your drinking back under control zenners?

I'm rather sad that Hallowe'en is over cos there were some fantastic avatars on this thread.

Yep, I totally agree with you zen - it's a depression. And there's not a thing anyone can do about it. Depressions are caused by debt and total US government, consumer and business debt is already way higher than it was in the great depression relative to the size of the economy (GDP).

Comment

I did see one for about 300 euros-that's about the cheapest I can find. Probably going to wait a bit and get some other bills taken care of first. I still owe the vet 80 euros and my daughter's birthday is next week. Not to mention all the other "normal" bills that keep coming! Never stops. And of course Christmas is right around the corner!
                          When the weather was nice-not having a telly was actually positive. We got out more, read more books, sat at the dinner table and talked instead of having the tv blaring. But with the long dark cold days ahead.....
                          But, I've been working like crazy so I'm finally catching up on the bills. If I can keep it up for the next few weeks-we should be ok. I just hope the work keeps coming in.
                          So, I'll stop my complaining. But the constant stress of living month to month is NO FUN. BLAH.

Comment

That is very expensive for a "cheap" tv expatty! Over here you can get one for 80 quid.

Comment

Zenstyle;1202480 wrote: I agree 100% Reccy... and the worst is yet to hit us.

Um, no, not under control yet. Coming to a cinema near you shortly. I am going to be quite ill soon. I'll need to buckle up! Again. :upset:

BJ left last night... I was cranky. I guess I won't be depending on him. I suppose I can't blame him... he's stressed. And I'm needing TLC. I'll deal... somehow.

It's time for me to get selfish and think about myself. I'll call someone if it gets too rough, and have them come and babysit. I'm hoping I'll just ride it out though.
                              There's plenty of TLC available in the army whenever you need it zenny :l .

How's it going with the pharmacy? Are you any nearer to opening?

Comment

Working...
                              X