Hello again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello again

Hi everyone, I've changed my name from Angelcakes to A Better Me.
    I made up my old name one desperate day many years ago and now I find it too girly & not serious enough, I'm approaching 40 and it's time to grow up & take this a little more seriously.
    My avatar is a kookaburra (native Australian bird for those that don't know) I chose him because he's so free and they are my favourite bird...and he's an Aussie.
    Quick update: I've come a long way since that desperate day many years ago but lately I've been falling back into old patterns. My lovely hubby & I used to drink together quite a lot but he's made some really good changes in himself while I've been slipping. So I know you kind people will encourage me along and hold me accountable. I am extremenly busy & important but I'm going to do my best to get here most days.
    I'm still me, but A Better Me.

xo
    Formerly Angelcakes, new name, new attitude.

Hello again

I will miss the old 'Cakes......it's Jones here'........but I'm just glad you're back girl.
    I re-read my very first post on MWO today....found it deep in the 'nerve centre' there. You were one of the first punters to give me a leg up back in the day.
    I would be incredibly proud to give you a leg up now and repay the favour
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Hello again

Hey you! Good to see you lady!
      Glad you are back to nail this thang.
      I wonder if I could find my first post............
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Hello again

Welcome back. I've been slipping too much lately also. The long winter evenings can be boring and i live alone which doesn't help. Back to one day at a time again. Best of luck to you all.

Comment

Hello again

startingover;1212270 wrote: Hey you! Good to see you lady!
          Glad you are back to nail this thang.
          I wonder if I could find my first post............

I tracked the thread apparently....just found it by accident yesterday while searching for info for Cakes.....and actually you
          Starty, were the very first respondent :l
          If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Hello again

Aw Jonesy & Starts - you guys have already helped me more than you probably realise. Feels good to be able to be truthful with my friends here...no hiding, all accountability.
            And Firefox, thanks - we can do this.
            Into the day.
            xo
            Formerly Angelcakes, new name, new attitude.

Comment

Hello again

Welcome back! Loved the old name but the new one is very cool too.

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hello again

Hi Abetterme! Love your new name and Avatar! One of my favorite movies is Diary of Bridget Jones...what a crack up. "I'm terribly busy and important"...lol!

I am also approaching 40 next year and am grateful to wake up and smell the coffee before I get any older. Time is precious and too precious to waste being wasted. I look forward to getting to know you and welcome back to MWO. Best of luck!
                Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                :h

Comment

Hello again

Hi BetterMe. I think you were known as Grinder--I like that. Drilling down to what matters. YOU!
                  Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Hello again

HI A better Me, I am sending you heaps of support. See you in the undie drawer!

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Hello again

kookaburra sits on the old oak tree..... a song i learnt in the girl guides and now i know what a kookaburraa is x
                      Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                      Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Working...
                      X